Technical Assistant, Social Protection & Conditional Grants Scheme at UNDP
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Technical Assistant, Social Protection & Conditional Grants Scheme
Job ID: 15076
Job Location: Abuja
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). To fast tract its implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector.
- The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
- This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans.
- Given the national and State level peculiarities, the recruited Staff member will help facilitate the localization of the SDGs at the tiers of government and its subsequent mainstreaming into the plans in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities states in section III below.
- The overriding purpose is therefore to strengthen the technical leadership for SDGs implementation and coordination at both the State and federal levels through the office of SSAP- SDGs in Abuja, Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaises with the Head of CGS to coordinate OSSAP-SDGs subnational interventions
- Works with the Head of CGS to review and implement the CGS implementation manual
- Liaises with the Office of the Vice President/Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment to mainstream and mobilize funding for OSSAP-SDGs Social Protection Programmes
- Provides support to the Head of CGS to develop and implement strategies to effectively engage the sub-national governments and mainstream the SDGs into the State Development Plans
- Develops and Implements a Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation Mechanism for CGS projects to ensure value for money
- Provides technical support in the design of new social protection programmes and strategies for implementation at the national levels.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
Required Skills and Experience
- Six years' experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Computer literacy skills
- All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
- Applicant information about UNDP rosters
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Schlumberger Limited Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS Graduate Internship 2020
- Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Nationwide recruitment 2020
- Technical Specialist, MEAL Job at Catholic relief services
- Community Manager Job at Ventures Platform
- Damien Foundation (DFB) Nationwide Recruitment 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment at ECOWAS for Consultants
- Volunteer Job at Helpers Social Development Foundation
- Mercy Corps Nigeria Graduate recruitment, November 2019
- Area Coordinator Job at Action Against Hunger