TechnoServe Job for Consultant - Provision of HR Consulting Services to Youths
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant - Provision of HR Consulting Services to Youths
Locations: Abuja & Enugu
Project Name: Pan African Youth Entrepreneur Development Program (PAYED) Program
Issue Project Addresses: Unemployment in Youths – Building transferable skillsets among youth for enduring employability
Assignment Duration: 4 Months - January 2018 to April 2018
Final Report Deadline: May 18 , 2018
Reporting to: Project Coordinator – PAYED Program, TechnoServe
- Two thirds of Nigeria’s 11 million unemployed youth are between 15 and 24 years old. Over half of the unemployed youth have not been educated beyond primary school. Dynamic young Nigerians today typically aspire to more traditional careers in finance, business, law or public service, and they continue to flood to the largest cities, however their aspirations are hindered by a skills gap and few job opportunities. National employment strategies point to promoting entrepreneurship and supporting appropriate skill building as demanded by labor markets.
- It is on this premise that the Pan African Youth Entrepreneur Development Program (PAYED Program) was created. The one-year program will scale best practices learned through the Mom & Pop Shop projects and explore innovative activities that target youth and further enhance project results.
- The one-year project will train 200 entrepreneurial youth who are owners, managers or employees of small, retail businesses on business and financial management skills and will provide tailored advisory support. The training and coaching will increase the adoption of these skills and practices by more than 70% and increase average business sales by more than 30%.
- This Terms of Reference is for a Human Resource Management Firm (referred as “Consultant” herein) to undertake the Provision of HR Consulting Services to Youths
Objective of Assignment
- TechnoServe is in search of a highly qualified training and recruitment specialist to train and connect enterprising youths to prospective employers. The ideal consultant should have significant educational expertise in the field of Career counseling/Human Resource Management/Talent Recruitment. This is in addition in addition to a minimum of 5 years’ industry related experience.
The objectives of this assignment are listed as follows:
- Build employability skills in youths.
- Provide the youths access to new jobs.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- 3 months premium subscription to consultant’s platform/services – This includes access to learning platforms.
- Recruitment process training
- Monthly report updates of participating youths.
- Connect screened participants to prospective employers
- Conduct an analysis and generate a report on the skills gap observed amongst the project participants along with recommendations.
- Work with each participant to develop a comprehensive curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- Facilitate a counseling and workplace etiquette workshop.
- Recommend effective training strategies and tools for building workplace competencies.
- The ideal consultant should have significant educational expertise in the field of career counseling/human resource management/talent recruitment and program design. This is in addition to a minimum of 5 years’ industry related experience.
- Consultant(s) should demonstrate evidence of strong analytical leadership and business relationship skills in addition to being excellent communicators. Consultants who have experience in implementing similar programs for NGOs or government agencies in the past will have an added advantage
Terms and Conditions
- The Request for Proposal is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFP. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive responses will be rejected.
- All proposals will be considered binding offers. Prices proposed must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
- All awards will be subject to TechnoServe contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal or cancel the solicitation process at any time, and shall have no liability to the proposing organizations submitting proposals for such rejection or cancellation of the requests for proposals.
- TechnoServe reserves the right to accept all or part of the proposal when award is provided.
- All information provided by TechnoServe in the RFP is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time, and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TechnoServe is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom. TechnoServe reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for any costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TechnoServe, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
Application Closing Date
19th January , 2018; 17h00 EST
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a proposal via email to TechnoServe at: email@example.com (Use the subject line “Application and Proposal for provision of Consultancy Services for PAYED”.) Application should include the following:
- Description of firm performance on related past projects
- CV's of key personnel (including Human Resource Specialist)
- Detailed budget in naira (?), with applicable tax clearly identified
- Requested payment terms and conditions
All Proposals must:
- Be in English language
- Be a maximum of 5 pages. CVs should be submitted as appendices and are not part of the count.
The suggested outline is as follows:
- A brief outline of the organization and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation and address of the company
- Year business was established
- Description of Approach/Methodology
- Suggested work plan and field plan
- Description and Schedule of Deliverables
- Description of team structure. CV of key personnel should be submitted in the appendices and will not be a part of the page count
- Description of internal controls to be used to ensure end deliverables are of high quality
- Description of experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the types of services being requested
- Cost proposal
- Include contact name, email address and telephone number to facilitate communication between TNS and the submitting organization.
- HR Intern Recruitment at Romanspage Global
- Human Resources Group Head Recruitment at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Proten International
- Human Resources Officer Job at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- HR Business Partner Job at Ralds & Agate
- Human Resources Manager Job at Mercy Corps
- Human Resources and Training Officer Job at Emplug
- HR Operations Assistant Job at Weco Systems International Ltd
- Recruitment Manager Job at Teju Industries Limited
- Human Resources & Administrative Manager Recruitment at Kimberly Ryan Limited