Training Manager Job at Zinc Network
Zinc Network works with clients to tackle some of the world’s most complex social issues. We are committed to delivering meaningful, measurable change across key policy areas such as improving information integrity, countering violent extremism, and promoting democratic values.
We work with a range of clients and stakeholders, including government, NGOs, charities, and media organisations. Our in-house capabilities include research (quantitative, qualitative and OSINT), strategy development, media development, communications, training, and capacity building.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Training Manager, Lake Chad Basin Region
Job Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- Zinc Network are seeking a Training Manager to support the delivery of a new project in North Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin region
- The role will involve training a group of mentors across the region who know the local communities well and can identify vulnerable young people to support. Mentors will support young people by helping them to obtain vocational skills, signposting them to support services such as drug and alcohol services and psychosocial services and providing media literacy workshops.
- Please note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
- Provides technical support in the areas of training needs assessments, training plan development, delivery, train-the-trainer, learning strategies, and training evaluation reports
- Create a pool of trained mentors that can identify and support vulnerable young people across the region
- Contributes to creating a learning culture. Communicates importance of learning and capacity building to internal and external stakeholders
- Identifies learning methodologies and tools that most effectively builds the capacity of mentors
- Develops materials, including but not limited to instructor guides, participant guides, and job aides
- Oversees a cadre of external training resources to provide targeted activity management training courses
- Supports the development of documentation, resources, and written materials relating to the training programs, including manuals development, updates, use, and refreshes, standard operating procedures, and workshop materials to support consistent quality assurance
- Facilitates training workshops and meetings, and is responsible for developing agendas to achieve stated objectives, documenting progress, agreements, and issues, and providing follow up assistance as required
- Manages internal and external training logistics including virtual sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years of technically relevant work experience
- Extensive regional knowledge of Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin
- Ability to actively listen, build rapport and trust
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership, management skills, and integrity
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English and French
- Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 80% and kick-start your international career with a European degree in 2021!
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Nationwide Sale & Marketing Executives Openings
- Freelance Teacher Job at Dominion Consulting Nigeria
- Faculty Trainer / Computer Instructor Job at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Primary School Teacher Recruitment at Silver Crest School
- Home Tutor Job at Zawie fashion house
- Early Years Teacher Recruitment at Eden Care and Resourcing Limited
- ICT and Computing Teacher Job at MBIS International
- English Teacher Recruitment at Philipanna Foundation