vacancy at United Nations Development Programme
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Retainer Expert for Facilitation of UNDAF 111 Mid Term Review
Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Additional Category: Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Mar-2016
Duration of Initial Contract: 14 Working days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 14 Days
- The third generation 2014-2017 of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF III) is the common strategic framework for the operational activities of the United Nations System (UNS) in Nigeria. It provides a collective, coherent and integrated UNS’s response to the country’s priorities and needs as captured in the National development Agenda i.e. Vision 20:2020.
- UNDAF-III identifies four development Pillars that mirrors the National development agenda of the Government in Nigeria: (Pillar 1) Good Governance, (Pillar 2) Social Capital, (Pillar 3) Equitable and Sustainable Economic Growth, and (Pillar 4) Human Security and Risk Management. The UNDAF is further broken down to thematic group for ease of coordination, with the Social Capital pillar broken down into (i) Education (ii) Social Protection (iii) Health & HIV. In addition the UNDAF identifies the humanitarian response, data, gender & HIV/AIDS as cross-cutting component linking all the UNDAF Pillars.
- As a living document, the UNDAF III must be assessed of its impact to set goals. Thus, building on the successful review of the UNDAF III implementation in 2014, the UN and Government seeks to maintain this approach in subsequent years. The commitment to conduct an Annual Review of the UNDAF in 2015 implementation year is in tandem with the UNDAF monitoring and reporting calendar. The 2015 is to identify progress made against the goals set out in the UNDAF within this period through joint analysis to find ways of improving UN support to the development process in Nigeria.
- The Government and the UN would therefore hold a one day high-level review meeting with partners to validate the progress and performance for the year under review.
- This review will also identify issues and gaps, and help the UNsystem and its partners to make recommendations for course corrections 2016 implementation and chart the way forward for the UNDAF III.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Resident Coordinator/Chairperson of the Programme Management Team (PMT) and the immediate supervision of the Head of the Resident Coordinator’s Office, the consultant is required to facilitate the 2015 UNDAF mid-term review meeting and related processes by:
- Participating in the 2015 UNDAF III annual review meeting and other similar meetings;
- Produce the 2015 UNDAF-III MTR (Fully edited Narrative Report) to include an analytical report of focused group discussions, with clear recommendations, lesson learned to inform the next UNDAF cycle;
- Review reports of thematic groups and other UNDAF III DaO focal States;
- Undertake any other duties related to UNDAF review meetings.
- Proven strong communication and technical writing skills;
- All-round understanding of UN’s mandate, programming and modus operandi;
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s UNDAF will be an asset;
- Excellent analytical skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in one or more of the following areas: Political Science, Demography, Economics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Law or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of the UN system and UN common programming process with 5 - 10 years or more experience in development programming;
- Expert knowledge of and working familiarity with results-based management, human rights based and gender mainstreaming approaches;
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodology;
- Understanding of the UN’s mandate and modus operandi preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Volunteer Fundraising Officer Job at Healthcare Philanthropy
- Country Representative Job at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Communication & Advocacy Specialist (Child Protection) - (P-3) Recruitment at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Microsoft Interns4Afrika Program 2020
- Consular Assistant Job at The Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria
- Schlumberger Limited Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS Graduate Internship 2020
- Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Nationwide recruitment 2020
- Technical Specialist, MEAL Job at Catholic relief services
- Community Manager Job at Ventures Platform