Video Editor / Cinematographer Job at Pulse Nigeria
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries - Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach - with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We're also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Video Editor / Cinematographer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Pulse is looking for a creative, talented and digitally-focused Video Editor / Cinematographer to join the team.
- As a Video Editor / Cinematographer, you will work with our in-house teams to create compelling and exciting videos that will engage with the Pulse audience, clients and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
- Our ideal candidate has a solid knowledge of camera equipment, lighting and editing softwares.
- The Video Editor / Cinematographer is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Head of Operations and work very closely with the Director of Commercial Video.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create video content with high visual impact for Pulse - internal and for clients.
- Videography in-house and on the field as assigned.
- Work to a brief, develop and pitch creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet objectives.
- Overall editing responsibilities for quality control - including proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos, images, sound, colour, etc.
- You will be fully responsible for securing appropriate rights, licenses and clearances for video usage, image usage and soundtrack usage, as well as fully responsible for all other factual or legal concerns.
- All-round assistance on post-production activities.
- You may be required to manage more than one brief at a time and will therefore have to prioritise effectively, allocating the relevant amount of time and resources according to the value of the job.
- Ensure proper organisation and safekeeping of video footage and logs.
- Assist with events coverage as required.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly video and design programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects and other programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You will work as part of a team of other video editors, producers, scriptwriters, designers, account managers, web developers, photographers and sales representatives.
- Any other assigned duties and KPIs assigned by your Project Manager or the Head of Video.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a video editing and/or cinematography position.
- Experience working with video and design softwares such as Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm.
Remuneration, Benefits & Conditions
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing - we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office - we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, a portfolio / high-quality sample reel of your work, and a cover email explaining why you're a great fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital / Creative / Marketing / Advertising industry is preferred.
- If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you - please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.
- Journalist Job at BBC World
- Center for Civilians in Conflict Recruitment for Consultant - Photographer
- Entertainment Reporter (QEDTV) Job at Mighty Media Plus Network Limited
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Motion Graphics Designer / Video Editor Job at Freeme Digital
- Nigerian News Content Writer Recruitment at Yohaig
- Freelance Journalist Job at CSR Reporters
- Megalectrics Limited Recruitment for an On Air Personality / Presenter - Classic FM
- Multimedia Specialist Job at Esetech
- Production Editor Job at Michael Stevens Consulting