Wireless Network Planning Optimization Engineer Recruitment
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Wireless Network Planning Optimization Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Planning and optimization engineer (eLTE) is responsible for overseeing the design, deployment, and optimization of LTE networks
- In the optimization stage, main tasks are to supervise optimal network performance, KPI and network statistics analysis, and parameter optimization. The individual will typically oversee and guide the work of RF and optimization Engineers, in charge of managing the day to day operations of the projects, and interface with Technical Director and Project Manager. The Optimization Engineer (eLTE) will answer technical questions as well as day to day operational questions.
Qualification and Experience
- HCIP-LTE certification is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Wireless, Radio Transmission, Antenna, Communications and Electronics, or related fields.
- Proficient knowledge of mobile communications and principles of LTE products, signaling flow and protocols, electromagnetic theory, radio transmission, antenna system, etc.
- Ability to implement and supervise optimization project. The person who has relative project experience is preferred.
- Over 3 years of experience in radio network planning and optimization is preferred.
- Fluency in English and has potential to become a team lead for NPO.
- Customer-oriented approach and good negotiation skills.
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Perform the following RF network design, planning and optimization activities as required.
- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data post-processing of drive-test hardware and software products.
- Comprehensive understanding of RF channel environment (fast fading, slow fading, time dispersion, scattering, diffraction, wave length/frequency dependence, etc.) and proper prediction model selection (Okomura, Hata, COST231, etc.) and their key parameters calibration for various frequencies.
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters of LTE.
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of LTE.
- Good knowledge of Huawei equipment.
- Knowledge of system features and parameters for optimal network performance.
- Analyze network performance reports and good understanding of KPIs.
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Good understanding of antenna theory (aperture, gain, beam width, dipole vs. isotropic), antenna performance (return loss, impedance matching, etc.), and engineering tools (spectrum analyzer, site master, etc.)
- Perform link budget, design criteria and traffic analysis.
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks
- Network Services Engineer Job at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at AIRTEL NIGERIA
- System Supports / Administrator Job at Ontrac Technologies Limited (OTL)
- Network Packet Core Engineer Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Telecom Engineer Job at Fountline Telecommunications
- Core IP Network Team lead / Architect Job at Netcom Africa
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Openings
- System / Network Administrator Recruitment
- Mobile Operator Job at Recore Limited
- Transmission Engineer Job at AIRTEL NIGERIA