Category Developer Job at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Position: Category Developer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- We are searching for an exceptional Category Developer with a hunter mentality who has the ability to design and execute cross-sell and up-sell strategies to drive revenue into existing customers.
- The successful candidate will identify valuable partners, negotiate and close impactful deals, commercial and strategic business agreements, and manages and grows the resulting partnerships to drive revenue growth for Jumia and its vendors.
- You will also be responsible for acquiring, onboarding and developing vendor on Jumia.
In particular you will:
- Ensure that the pricing and promotion of these categories are managed effectively to increase sales and profitability aimed at driving sustainable growth.
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful vendors/ products
- Utilize tools and best practices to meet and exceed weekly sales goals & metrics
- Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
- Proactively arrange time in territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities.
- Coordinate account set up, initial equipment and product deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction, including follow-up with customer once account is set up.
- Help reshape and define assigned category to proactively engage customer base and drive wallet share growth.
- Effectively execute territory plan, account plans and opportunity plans to maximize revenue across 100-125 assigned accounts
- Help define the seller base and industry verticals Jumia targets and influence a sales plan that is in line with our seller business direction.
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve new business targets that exceed monthly metrics and key performance goals.
- Drive revenue by identifying and understanding the client’s business needs, and effectively offering highly valued solutions that win new business opportunities for Jumia
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in Key Account Managementn, Sales and/or Business Development in a large FCMG organisation
- Advanced knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Proven ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through long deal cycles, and close complex deals.
- Ability to create valid business reasons to engage customers to drive meaningful sales engagements and business opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Commercial Printing Executive Job at Media Trust Limited
- Marketing Executive
- Sales Team Leader Job at SABMiller
- Technical Sales Officer
- Business Development Officer
- Marketing Executive Job at Patjeda Group
- Business Development Executive Job at Legacy Hotel and Suites
- Marketing and Sales Officer (Printing) at W-Holistic Business Solutions
- Marketing and Sales Officer Job at W-Holistic Business Solutions
- Event Manager / Marketing Executive Job at StreSERT Services Limited