Finance Coordinator Assistant Job at Solidarites International
Solidarites International - For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Finance Coordinator Assistant
Job Locations: Abuja/Maiduguri
Desired start date: 1/1/2018
Duration of the mission: 4 months
About the Mission
- SI started a program in Borno State (LGA Jere and Monguno) with funding from DG ECHO and OFDA. The goal of the program was to address the immediate needs of populations affected by the current political and military crisis. These projects have been followed by extensions from April 2017, including the area of Dikwa.
- The state of Borno gathers alone the largest part of internally displaced persons (1,7 million).
- About 1,4 million displaced people are in need of aid assistance in Borno. Access is a significant challenge and some programs are monitored remotely. Besides, a high number of aid actors are now operating in the area and coordination is still weak.
- A WASH response is provided to displaced and host communities in Maiduguri suburbs, IDP camps and soon host communities of Monguno town and IDP camps in Dikwa. Water access is being improved through drilling and borehole rehabilitation. Sanitation and environment health is tackled through latrine construction and hygiene promotion. Moreover, emergency shelter kits are planned to be distributed in Dikwa to new IDP arrivals and 150 transitional shelters to be built in Monguno.
Organization of the mission
- The Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing its opening process. Due to projects’ expansion, a substantial increase in base staffing is ongoing.
- The programs are currently dominated by WASH activities. Shelter activities are only concentrated around shelter kits distribution. However, SI has the willing to develop shelter and FSL activities in the future which could be under the responsibility of the Program Manager.
- Technical support is provided by advisors based in Maiduguri with 70% of presence on the field.
- The mission has a coordination team based in Maiduguri, operational bases in Maiduguri, Monguno, Dikwa and soon in Ngala. The program coordination team is constituted of a Deputy Country Director, WASH and Shelter advisors, a MEAL advisor and a Grant manager.
- The Monguno base is composed of an Administrative and Logistics Base Manager and a Project Manager.
- In Maiduguri the team is currently composed of one Field Coordinator, a Project Manager, a Base Logistician and an Administrator.
- The Dikwa base is opening and is composed of one Administrative and Logistics Base Manager, one Wash activity responsible and will host the current opened position of MultiSectorial Program Manager. Access to Dikwa is relying on UNHAS helicopters with daily movements until SI base to be really operational and secured. Security level in Dikwa is 4 on a scale of 5, a curfew is set from 6pm to 7am and strict rules are implemented in the area.
About the Job
The Finance Coordinator Assistant supports the Finance coordinator in processing SI's accounting operations and cash management on the missions:
- Financial, accounting and budgetary management
- Administrative management of the mission
- Team management
- Management of the mission’s accounting
- Cash Management of the mission
- He/she offers administrative support to administrators and teams (on the 4 basis of intervention) on all matters relating to accounting and finance.
- Education: Bachelor (or Master's) Degree in Publication Administration or Finance.
- Similar experience (preferably with SI)
- Capacity to train the team
- Fluency in English, both written and Verbal
- Experience on Finance and HR procedure implementation
- Analysis and solution oriented
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge in Administrative and Finance management;
- Knowledge of DFID / ECHO / OFDA-USAID, UN agencies & other donors assistance policies;
- Knowledge of Solidarités International rules and procedures in terms of all administrative matters.
- Prioritization and self-organization;
- Ability to multitask;
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite.
- HR software: Homere preferred and recommended;
Other desirable qualities:
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
SI will Offer You
A salaried post:
- According to experience from 1760 euros gross per month (1600 base salary plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a 500 USD monthly Per Diem.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: five days at three months with a 750 usd allowance and 10 days at six months with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités.
- After 6 weeks one the field, expatriate will be encouraged to take 1 week in Abuja (3 days off and 2 days in office)
Note: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
- Junior Accountant
- Financial Services Risk & Regulation, Manager at PWc
- Latest Job Vacancies at THS Advantage
- Head, Accountant (Finance / Admin)
- Internal Auditor/Store Keeping
- Finance Assistant (Benue) at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)