First Bank of Nigeria Recent Job Opening
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager
Requisition ID: 1700002V
Job Location: Lagos - Head Office
Job Code: STR/213/FBH
Job Type: Full-time
- Exciting career opportunity exit within FBN Holdings Plc for a dynamic, suitably, qualified, focused, energetic, competent and self-motivated individual to join its vibrant team as a Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager.
- The candidate will also be required to have a sound knowledge of the Nigeria tax laws and administration, strong presentation skills and an advanced appreciation of Ms Office tools.
- The search is targeted mainly at candidates with multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment.
- Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in financial accounting, group account preparation with a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- The candidate must have demonstrable experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements, group accounts, regulatory reporting especially SEC, NSE and CBN.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year-end IFRS complaint financial reports for the Group.
- Coordinate the Corporate Office and Group’s annual audit exercise by appointed external auditors, and any examination or enquiry regulatory authorities
- Monitor compliance with the Group financial reporting instructions and provide timely feedback to Head of Finance
- Provide technical guidance and regular updates on changes to International Financial Reporting Standards to all subsidiaries to aid full IFRS compliance by all subsidiaries
- Prepare and coordinate the rendition/filing of returns as required by the NSE, SEC and CBN in line with industry framework
- Drive the automation of group reporting instructions, processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Handle all regulatory issues, liaising with regulatory bodies to protect Group’s interest
- Conduct analytical review procedures to validate actual results against budget forecast, and understand trends viz-a-viz business activities.
- Coordinate the review of statutory accounts for all individual subsidiaries, and ensure that they are adhered to at all times
- Ensure compliance with Holdco’s policies, relevant legislation, IFRS, and other best accounting practices
- Appropriate management, recording and rendering of Payee deductions
- Computation and proper recording of WHT and VAT as applicable on dividend, fees, contracts and all transactions to appropriate Inland Revenue Services
- Preparation and filling of relevant tax returns to appropriate tax authorities (WHT, VAT,PAYE, CITA)
- GL maintenance, monthly proofs, reconciliation and system control
- Coordination of MIS Reports
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline (preferably in finance or accounting)
- Professional accounting certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in financial reporting and coordination of audit exercises and reviews.