The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: ICT Technician
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in the realization of large computer and telecommunication infrastructure
- Assists the ICT Coordinator in assuming the main responsibilities of the ICT department in the delegation
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom infrastructure of all ICRC offices in Nigeria, being responsible for the physical infrastructure of Abuja main delegation.
- Acts as the regional Telecom specialist offering technical support on radio & Wi-Fi, satellite, telephony and power supply to other delegations
- Knows and follows procedures related to IT inventory and movements of ICT materials and reports every change to the 1st Level Help Desk (or substitute)
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexions and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures
- Always projects a positive and service oriented image of the IT department (externally and internally).
- Offers coaching and support to other junior ICT staff
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or Master's Degree is an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Expert level knowledge of VHF and HF Radio, satellite communication and computer skills
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Capable of assessing situation in the field from a distance and initiate necessary actions
- Ability to interpret any situation with accuracy and to present a synthesis of a problematic situation to a collaborator
- Willingness of self-education in ICT related fields
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline 16:30 hr; 20th January, 2017.
- Maintenance Supervisor Job in a Bakery - Rovedana
- Tower Infrastructure Technician (Tower Rigger)
- Tower Maintenance Project Officer
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Recruitment for Instrumentation Technician
- Multiple Job Vacancies at Neben Nigeria Limited
- Nationwide Recruitment for Phone Engineer at First Katalyst Marketing
- M&E Assistant
- SABMiller Plc Recruitment for Laboratory Instrument Technician
- SABMiller Plc Recruitment for Brewing Instrument Technician