Maersk Line Graduate Sales Executives Recruitment 2018
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We are part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we operate 610 container vessels providing ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
Not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet.
Job Position: Sales Executive
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Sales Executive to join the Maersk Nigeria Sales team, to be based in our Lagos office.
- S/he will manage existing customer relationships and performance, focus on growth in targeted areas as well as secure new customers.
- This is an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity.
- The Sales Executive will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where s/he will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
- – Customer relationship management
- – Clear mapping of stakeholders and understanding their needs
- – Effectively managing assigned customers
- – Pursuing and securing business in line with West Nigeria volume targets
- – Keeping abreast of market developments and reporting significant trends, rate changes and policies to TNM and Sales Manager
- – Proactively supporting Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- – Creating and managing customer-specific business plans and initiatives allowing Maersk Line to maximize its yield potential
- – Ensuring follow through on end-to-end direction setting as communicated, with a view to maximising total yield and building a stronger pipeline of new customers
Pipeline and Portfolio Management
- – Quality sales activities covering client portfolio
- – Qualifying customer opportunities through uncovering needs framework, understanding buying phases, and Persuasive Selling methodology
- – Building strong customer-specific value propositions linking to Maersk Line differentiators
- – Actively using the Maersk Line CRM tool
- – Quality pipelining accurately reflecting the business that has been identified from active sales calls, without allowing unrealistic/significant over or under forecasts vs. what is to be delivered
- – Business plan based on minimum set with quarterly updates
Sales Meetings/Activity Management
- – Preparing for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
- – Following the Persuasive Selling principles
- – Always sending out confirmation letters to customers and updating post-call notes after the sales meetings
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com
- An exceptional drive for results, hunter sales skills with enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity
- Proficiency in Hausa Language is ESSENTIAL