Accountant Job at synapse services
Synapse Services is a "Center for Psychological Medicine", that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Medical Director
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions in the organisation.
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements to management.
- Provide direction to accounting department staff.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of the organization.
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information from various centres.
- Oversight may include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of un-applied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters.
- These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director
Education, Experience & Skills
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA
- Minimum of 4- 5 years core experience in accounting/management account
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software
- Must be resident in Abuja
N100,000.00 - N120,000.00 per month.(Depending on your experience)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject matter, e.g Accountant- Abuja.
- Head, Internal Audit Job at Bukkha Hospitality Limited
- Finance Executive Job at Nuach Consulting
- Corporate Finance Manager Job at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Finance and Administrative Manager
- Account Officer Job at Sigma Consulting
- Internal Auditor Job at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company
- Finance & Admin Analyst Recruitment at BASF West Africa Limited
- Investment Analyst Job at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- Financial Supervisor Job at PecanTrust Microfinance Bank Limited
- Accountant Job at Janchine Nigeria Limited