Admin and HR Manager Job at HumAngle Media Limited
HumAngle Media Limited, founded by two Nigerian journalists, Obiora Chukwumba, (PhD) and Ahmad Salkida in March 2020, is a media platform committed to passionate, insightful and objective coverage of insecurity across Africa.
Over the years, insecurity has become the chief driver of mass mortality, economic and state instability in the region, yet it attracts no dedicated coverage from the media. HumAngle is the African Daily Newspaper focused on insecurity and humanitarian values. The reporting from HumAngle is delivered for public and special access in digital print and visual broadcast editions, featuring breaking news, analysis and factual commentary across the Sahel and Lake Chad; the Gulf of Guinea; Niger Delta and the sub-Saharan territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Admin and HR Manager
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Human Resource Management:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure employees meet their targets and objectives.
- Manage daily operations and ensure strict compliance with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with local labour laws, including contracts, compensation packages, and working hours.
- Supervise the oversight of staff personnel files, including contracts, leave records, and other documentation required for employment.
- Lead critical areas such as recruiting, onboarding, communications, training, succession and promotion reviews, performance management, change management, and employee engagement, and coordinate exit process and interviews.
- Develop and regularly update KPIs to improve performance and create measurable tools for reward and penalty systems.
- Assist Finance and Programmes in implementing projects and disbursement of funds.
- Prepare and process monthly payroll schedule for Finance to disburse payment.
- Provide administrative supervision to project-specific support staff and be accountable for their performance management, including; regular results, check-ins, formal appraisals, supportive supervision, rewards, training, coaching and career development support.
- Provide information as required by Auditors during the audit exercise.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all outstation employees.
- Act as an Admin contact during and after consultant engagement and process consultant payment promptly.
- Responsible for providing high-quality and timely procurement and other program support.
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes. Recruiting and training personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space. Assessing staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain frequent communication and work closely with the Finance team to ensure fiscal discipline within the organisation.
- Work with the senior management and supervisors to ensure the coordination of programs is within budgeted targets.
- Ensure due diligence with the staff of its sister companies, partner organisations and members of the organisation’s clientele.
- Carry out duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
- M.Sc, B.Sc., or HND in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Public Administration, or related subjects.
- Professional Certification is an added advantage, i.e., SHRM, CIHRM, ACA, ACCA, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Human Resources and administrative management. Preferably in the Development Sector.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects.
- Experience in developing and managing procurement and logistical procedures and policies.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven leadership and capacity in conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) knowledge.
Note: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Female Front Desk Officer Job at Tenstrings Music Institute
- Office Manager Job at Standard Electro-Medical Equipment Company
- Assistant Service Manager (Operations) Job at Intersect Consortium
- Front Office Supervisor 2 Job at Ibis Hotel
- HR / Admin Officer Job at KNN Corporate Services Limited
- Operations Officer Job at TruPurpose Job Shop Limited
- Front Office Executive Job at Choice Talents NG
- HR and Admin Officer Job at Choice Talents NG
- Administrative Service Manager Job at JD Autos Center