Animator Job at uLesson
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 1 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Animator
Job Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Work with media and production teams to develop quality content that meets the needs of both high achieving learners and special needs.
- Collaborate with team members to determine how animation (including setting, actions, and other elements) will develop/enhance storyline.
- Adhere to voice and messaging specifications for animations
- Create concept sketches and models that assist with development and selection of final characters and scenes.
- Create digitally animated images based on concept, narrative, and character profiles.
- Manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Review content developed by fellow team members to ensure quality.
- Motion Design/Animation: use tools to create intriguing, engaging and comprehensible video lessons.
- Creates digitally animated images based on concept, narrative, and character profiles.
- Work with cinematographers and sound designers to produce interactive video lessons that meet the company’s internal standards.
- Ensure personal and team targets are completed within timelines
- Contribute via work output towards growth of the company’s library and content.
- Improve quality of developed content as guided by learner and/or colleague feedback.
- Accept and work with feedback to create on-brand deliverables at every stage of work
- Provide swift responses to questions and inquiries made by team members.
- Contribute to best practice implementation throughout the design
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, 3D animation, or a related creative field.
- A minimum experience of 4 years in motion design
- A high proficiency level using tools such as After effects, Premiere pro, Illustrator
- Comprehensive understanding of design and animation principles.
- Excellent storytelling skills, and the ability to deliver messages with empathy and reason.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in layouts, animation fundamentals (including character animation), special effects, and typography
- Experience with character animation
- Strong analytical and technical skills along with artistic talent
- A genuine passion for motion design and animation and drive to continue learning and keeping up to date with emerging trends and technologies.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a generally well organized and detail-oriented persona.
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure.
- Time management and organizational skills to meet with deadlines and thrive in fast paced environment
- Tech/Internet savvy with advanced proficiency with Microsoft office and Google suite applications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, updated CV and updated portfolio to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Graphic Designer Job at Blackcopper (Techstars '22)
- IT Intern Recruitment at Talenture Group
- Job Openings at Seven Star Consultants Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Acronis International
- IT Systems and Network Administrator Job at BP Business Solutions
- IT Officer Job at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Full Stack Web Developer Job at Global Impact I.T Solutions and Consult
- Enterprise Automation, Business Analyst Job at Interswitch
- Job Openings at Kraks Media Limited
- 2022 United Bank for Africa Graduate Management Acceleration Programme (GMAP)