Assistant Internal Auditor
KC Gaming Networks Limited - hold the Lagos State Lotteries Board license, the Sportsbook and Gaming license issues by the State of Osun, and hold licenses to operate in all States where sports betting is permitted in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Internal Auditor
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Internal Auditor
Unit: Internal Audit
Job Purpose Statement
- The Assistant Internal Auditor will assist the Internal Auditor with planning, executing and reporting of financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects.
- The postholder will facilitate compliance within KC Gaming Networks Ltd in order to ensure and maintain corporate standards, policies and procedures, applicable federal & state laws, the Lottery Commission Regulations, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)), International standards on Auditing (ISA) , Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and Bet9ja approved internal control standards
- The Internal Audit Department operates independently of all other departments and has no responsibility for or managerial authority over any of the activities it reviews. It has the authority to conduct and audit necessary functions to fulfill its responsibilities described above
- To undertake operational reviews and recommend policy, procedural and operational changes to improve departmental efficiencies.
- To demonstrate knowledge of different business operations and undertake specialised functional expertise in one or more areas.
- To undertake a broad and comprehensive programme of internal auditing throughout KC Gaming Networks.
- Assist and support in the development of policies and procedures for the Internal Audit department
- Participate in audit projects and activities. Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and objective and identify risks and implications.
- Conduct independent financial, regulatory compliance (Federal-State Gaming rules) and operational audits by reviewing the effectiveness of controls, financial records and operations( in some instances Surprise Audits).
- Report on instances of noncompliance with required procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the adequacy of accounting, administrative and other operating controls designed to promote effective control at reasonable cost.
- Ensure audit reports are adequately prepared reviewed and communicated timely with a focus on communicating findings, recommendations, responses, actions taken, implementations and deficient conditions
- Assist the Audit Manager in exit meetings for assigned audits.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action.
- Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Examine records of departments to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value. Ascertain the extent to which Company assets are accounted for and safeguarded from loss.
- Assist Internal Audit Management with special studies or projects.
- Provide assistance to the external auditor to use internal audit for substantive reviews and test work as requested by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Serve as a point of contact for audit business partners and stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices.
- Interact with various department staff and managers to understand department policies, procedures, and operational issues; assist departmental and Internal Audit management with understanding of detailed issues to assist with strengthening governance, risk and the control environment.
- Work with Compliance/Legal department team members to provide advice and assistance with regulatory matters.
- Maintain a professional work environment with all staff at all time.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change may be required
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or HND or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant and related work experience (internal audit or public accounting), preferably in the gaming, hospitality, entertainment and/or retail industries.
- Experience with testing and assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Significant progression in the professional exams of ICAN or any of the IFAC member bodies ..
- Competency in Microsoft office suites- (Excel, Power Point, Word) and Sage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and routine correspondence in a clear concise manner and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to critically think through issues and determine the best course of action, considering impacts internally and externally.
- There is need for flexibility and adaptability
- Light lifting may be required during audit periods
- Occasional travel
- MS Office and exposure to ERP systems (preferably Sage X3).
- Director of Finance and Administration (MELA) Job at Social Impact (SI)
- Financial Controller Job at IO Furniture Limited
- Finance Manager Job at Chemonics International
- Middle Level Accountant Job at The Nigeria Cassava Growers Association (NCGA)
- Accounting Officer Job at Royal Hospital
- Principal Accountant Job at Abuja Clinics
- Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Job at Andela
- Accounting Officer Job at Royal Hospital
- Account Officer (Direct Sales Agents) Recruitment at Avant Halogen
- Account Support Job at Smartflow Technologies Limited