Assistant Logistics Manager Job at Tropical General Investments
Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Logistics Manager
Job Location: Jos, Plateau
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer focused and oversee dispatch of products
- Process orders, plan and execute the dispatch of products.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching, and assuring quality of goods.
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security.
- Liaise with customers, sales department, and other managers to optimize processes.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Supervise and lead subordinates (order pickers etc.)
- Resolve issues regarding shipped/dispatched orders.
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Meet productivity targets and ensure that delivery deadlines are met.
- Ensure shipments’ and order transactions’ accuracy.
- Ensure that dispatch officers and assistants are physically present during the loading of the outbound warehouse for the purpose of counting, auditing, and receipt of goods into the outbound warehouse. Dispatch manager will be accountable for all goods confirmed loaded into the outbound warehouse.
- Report to the Distribution Centre Manager.
Requirement, Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- HND or B.Sc in Supply Chain or other relevant courses
- Good distribution practice storage requirement
- Modern warehouse procedures
- Warehouse management
- Maintain accurate and electronic record keeping.
- Team work
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials
- Basic stock inventory procedures & requisitions
- Excellent Routes, vehicles & products planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person or by email.
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Logistics / Welfare Lead Job at Del-York Agency
- Logistics & Supply Chain Manager Job at Nutri K Limited
- Import and Export Officer Job at Phillips Outsourcing Limited
- Logistics Manager Job at Fastest Cakes
- Field Support Supervisor
- Facility Management and Logistics Advisor Job at Palladium
- Fleet Officer Job at Catholic Relief Services
- Logistics Manager Job at Dispatch Healthcare International Logistics Limited