Assistant Secretary Recruitment at the Africa Economic Forum
The Africa Economic Forum is a pan-African think-tank that works to improve African economies and competitiveness at all levels, through enhanced public and private partnership.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Secretary
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Under the supervision, control and guidance of the Senior Vice President of the Africa Economic Forum, the Assistant Secretary will be responsible for coordinating staff and support programmes of the Forum.
- Adhere strictly to programme dates and time for the strengthening and commencement AEF's events
S/he will perform the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain clean and good work environment;
- Maintain records, files, reports, documents ;
- Establish good filing system with notes, records and documents;
- Assist in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans;
- Provide secretarial and logistic support to AEF staff including the management team.
- Organize appropriate events for industry and country group.
- Assist in the preparation of work plan and budget and maintain budgetary control records;
- Assist in procurement of office supplies and equipment maintain appropriate inventory records;
- Maintain office equipment such as type writer, photocopier, computer, printers, fax and other similar equipment as required;
- Work closely with the staff of AEF and report on workflow
- Assist the Community Organisers to maintain records and accounts for Settlement Improvements Fund contracts;
- Assist in preparing monthly reports on the progress of key assignments
- Assist Community Organisers in understanding the practical and operational issues for implementing projects
- Assist in supervising implementation of AEF programmes and other affiliates Organizations of the Forum.
- Maintain updated records and information of local market demand, local capacities for business development, skill development training, apprenticeship training, etc. as needed by the project;
- Assist the to mobilizing for membership for the Forum
- Assist in preparing weekly / monthly reports
- Any other task for effective implementation of the project that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in disciplines such as Business Administration, Economics, or Political Science
- Qualifications may be relaxed in the case of highly experienced candidates
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Persons having administration experience will be preferred
- Experience in writing reports, documentation, record keeping is desirable
- Promotes AEF’s values and ethical standards (tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation, impartiality)
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Management and Leadership:
- Work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Provides inspiration and leadership to project staff as well as all the partners.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Capability to engage in team-based management, experience of leading workshops and being a resource person.
- Ability to undertake results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to oversee timely project implementation and to provide the necessary troubleshooting to keep project implementation on schedule
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioural / attitudinal change
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral):
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners,
- Respectful and helpful relations with all AEF staff
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Computer skills
- Experience in working with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Motivation Letter and CV attached in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Personal Assistant to the MD at Thierry Technologies Nigeria Limited
- Administrative Officer Job at Jecy logistics
- Administrative Officer Job at Syrian Logistics
- Administrative Officer Job at Sommy Logistics Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at Zylus Group International
- Administrative & Accounts Officer Job at Findrex Travels and Tours
- Administrative Officer Job at SombreiroConsulting
- Secretary Job at Grenigas Limited
- Receptionist / Mobilization Officer Job at Jubaili Agrotec Limited
- Admin Officer Job at Vesa Fisheries Limited