Auchi Polytechnic Recruitment for Rector
The Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, a first generation and well established Polytechnic, with its specific functions of providing technology education, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, Information and Communication Technology, Art & Design as well as other spheres of learning.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Position: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has general responsibility for matters relating to the day to day administration of the institution subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
Qualification and Experience
- Must hold a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic or closely related ones with at least 15 years Professional and Administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer of not less than five (5) years experience on the rank from the Polytechnic sector.
- Candidate for the position of Rector must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be ready to encourage the on-going Federal Government change programme in the Polytechnic sector.
- Must be a person who has respect for constituted authority.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with impeccable reputation.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
- Must be morally sound/should not be carrying a moral burden and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- Must not be more than sixty (60) years of age as at the time of assumption of office.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years and no more.
The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current postal address including telephone number (GSM) and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies/associations.
- Academic/scholarly publications: National and International (in APA format).
- Books published (where applicable).
- Honours and distinctions (if any).
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates. (National and international).
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Contributions to community and country.
- Other activities outside current employment e.g. consultancy etc.
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic.
- Names of addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and
- Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate notable uprightness.
All Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Rector” and addressed to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Note: Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted but must accompany the application. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
Deadline: 6th October, 2017.
- Executive Assistant Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Office Assistant Job at a reputable company
- Secretary I & II Job at a reputable company
- Administrative Manager/Human Resources Job at a reputable company
- Secretary Job at Mozyk Ventures Limited
- Rally Trade Recruitment for a Front Desk Officer (Female)
- Account/Admin Officer Job at Canaan Consulting
- Executive Assistant to Managing Director at a reputable company
- Admin Officer Job at SterlingPRO
- Secretary Job at a reputable company