British Council Recruitment for Arts Intern
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Arts Intern
Job Location: Abuja
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 6 months
- The British Council would like to offer students / graduates an experiential learning opportunity to gain real world experience through an internship programme.
- The practical experience an intern gains is expected to complement the theoretical knowledge he/she has gained during their studies.
- The intern is expected to both learn from and contribute to the workplace during the internship period, in turn providing an opportunity to increase employability skills. An outcome being that students and graduates are more employable and successful because of the skills they acquire.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of Arts Project Managers, the intern(s) duties will include:
- General support with organizing events
- Data collection and reporting for events to support British Council corporate Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks.
- Updating and managing the contact database for all art contacts
- Assist in the completion of project reports
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Project Manager or a senior member of the team
Learning and Development Opportunities:
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and how it contributes to the development of the Nigerian Creative Economy
- Insight and hands-on experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale projects, contact management and arts management in a formal setting
- Becoming familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment
Essential: The ideal candidate should:
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 4 years) with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Be computer literate with proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have an interest in project planning and implementation
- Experience in development of statistics, charts in Excel and Web 2.0 tools.
- Experience in organising local and/or international events
- Experience working with artists or within the arts space
- Experience in managing mailbox; attending to queries in a professional and timely manner
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in the country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The intern will be paid equivalent N130,000 per month
- Health Insurance (HMO) will be provided for interns who are on 6 months or more
- Group Life Insurance will be provided for all interns during throughout the duration of their internship.
- This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.
- Necessary adjustments will be made for staff with a disability where necessary.
- Sundry Foods Graduate Internship Programme (Bakery Division)
- Helen Keller International Recruitment for Finance Intern
- 2023 / 2024 FlexiSAF Edusoft Limited Generative AI and Data Science Internship Programme
- SunFi Technology Solutions Limited Recruitment for Product Management Intern
- Nigeria Machine Tools Recruitment for IT Intern
- HRLeverage Recruitment for HR Intern
- Design Architect Job at the Startup Place Limited
- Juanda Recruitment for IT Management Intern
- Dotmac Technologies Limited Recruitment for Sales Graduate Intern (NYSC)
- Paykobo.com Paid Internship Programme