Chatham House Africa Internship Recruitment Programme 2017
Chatham House Africa Internship Programme 2017 – The Africa Programme at Chatham House is looking for an individual with demonstrable interest in African affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world’s leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
Applicants should have:
A bachelor’s degree or higher in international relations, development studies, politics, or related field;
Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
Strong administrative and organizational skills;
Strong interpersonal skills
Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
Although flexible, we are ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3 -4 days a week.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
To apply please send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to:
Programme Administrator, Africa Programme
Start date: 11 September 2017
End Date: 15 December 2017
Closing date for applications: 27 August 2017
Interview Period: 6-8 September 2017
For more information, visit https://www.chathamhouse.org/job/africa-programme-intern
- Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager at Save the Children
- Case Management Intern at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Operations Manager at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Auditor, Firm Engagement at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
- Chief of Party, Global Health at Project HOPE Nigeria
- Base Admin Manager at Solidarites International
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Special Assistant at UNOCHA
- Senior Data Management Assistant at UNHCR
- Shelter Associate at UNHCR
- Senior Protection Assistant at UNHCR