Mind Games Incorporated (MGI) was founded in 2017 with the sole aim of revitalizing and revolutionizing mind sports in Nigeria and the entire African continent, in order to continually breed intellectual minds.
MGI organizes several tournaments for scrabble, chess, draughts at various levels and supports club setup. We also provide training for facilitators and tournament adjudicators.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Position Chess Instructor
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
- We currently have openings for resourceful and experienced chess instructors who can work with students at various levels.
- The successful candidates will be expected to work on clients’ premises at least 3 times weekly.
- Building a classroom culture in which students develop a love for chess
- Driving academic outcomes by analysing data, studying student work, and implementing high-leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Holding yourself accountable for excellent student outcomes
- Bringing a passion for self-expression and establishing a culture of press when it comes to scholars’ critical thinking about chess
- Assessing, recording, and reporting on student progress, achievement, and behaviour
- Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development
- Planning, preparing, and delivering excellent chess instruction to all students in the class according to their educational needs
- Teaching a high level chess curriculum that begins with the basics of chess and progresses to checkmate tactics and patterns
- Promoting a classroom environment where students fully engage in the creative process and cultivate their talents through a rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity and enables all students to thrive
- Working with the school team to create a world-class chess program, including an after school club, that prioritizes understanding of chess, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics
- Bachelor Degree/HND preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate passion for the mission, vision, and core values of our organisation
- Demonstrating grit and perseverance
- Interested in working in a collaborative environment
- Passion for learning, driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles and with creative solutions.
- Teaching experience with a proven record of propelling student growth, achievement, and love for chess
- Have an advanced understanding of the game of chess
- High moral character
- Passionate about chess and learning
- Flexible and open to feedback
- Work flexibility
- Attractive remuneration
- Travel opportunities.
- Marketing and Communications Lead (Social Media)
- Subject Teachers
- Ongoing Recruitment at Dorben Polytechnic, Abuja
- Senior Education Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Ongoing Staff Recruitment at Lagos State University Staff School
- Training Manager
- Training Executive at Mosra Enerji Limited
- CAD Instructor / Application Personnel at Costech Computers Limited
- Physics and Mathematics Teachers in Lagos
- Head, Education Content and Business Development