Commercial Manager for Africa
Editec UK is a market leading sports betting, lottery and gaming solutions and service provider in Africa with a strong presence in more than 20 countries, and management satellite offices all around the world.
The retail divisions work with the renowned brands Premier Bet, SBA, Mercury International, Guinée Games and R&S Betting.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job POsition: Commercial Manager for Africa
Job Location: Lagos
- The Commercial Manager is responsible for the commercial aspects of all shops/agents within a country controlling Minimum Control Standards (MCS), increasing sales through best working practices, monitoring P&L to maximize sales and minimize loss, ensure total compliance with Company Standard Operating Procedures and all franchise/agent agreement articles.
Principal account abilities include, but not limit to:
- Reviews/analyses sales, finds reasons for increase/decrease, and writes an action plan on how to improve.
- Studies a MCS for each shop and elaborates a plan with a calendar.
- Reviews all training records and plans a monthly training calendar.
- Ensures that all managers & staff are trained to the required standards, providing appropriate training & development plans for all and ensuring completion.
- Conducts appraisals for managers with regularly meeting with them to set common goals, and delegates key tasks to them to maximize their potentials.
- Follows up closely on staff performance and productivity
- Maintains excellent communications with shop managers, and healthy relations with superiors discussing with them any pending issues related to the operation.
- Completes daily, weekly & monthly schedule of tasks, activities, programs and initiatives.
- Follows up on customer complaints and collects feedback.
- Maintains adherence to company standards and policies at all times.
- Sets a challenge for shop managers/agents to increase sales/reduce costs.
- Spot checks visits for inventory count approved products used and sold, looks for any discrepancies and takes corrective action when needed.
- Creating awareness and developing the sales network.
- Draft marketing budgets and executing it after being approved liaising with operations manager.
- Ensuring all outlets are setup in good conditions and products are always running.
- Submits monthly and quarterly reports for sales/margin performance.
- Motivating and supporting store managers with specific issues, such as staffing and business management.
- Sets ideal staff count v Actual and works on recruiting suitable staff.
- Performs other duties pertinent to the position job as assigned by line manager.
- Communication & Working Relationships
- Works closely with store managers and operations manager to ensure the consistent implementation of company standards
- Coordinates with different departments in head office to guarantee effective communication
- Interacts with customers to follow-up on their satisfaction, requests, and complaints
- Manages direct reports and operational issues on a daily basis
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Excellent operations knowledge of retail or hospitality.
- Skills in managing people, setting goals/targets, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and/or French
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Leadership, strong Personality and Charisma.
- The position of the CM may require long hours, working/living in challenging environments, regular shop visits and flexibility. The duties listed above are not definitive.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Return flights
- Manager Job at Human Capacity Development Consultants Limited
- Manager, Finance Job at BIC® products
- Manager, Finance Job at BIC® products
- General Manager Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Supervisor (Dispatch Riders) Job at Bukkha Hospitality Limited
- Facility / Operations Manager Job at Marigold Hospital and Critical Care Center
- Marketing Executive Job at Off-Field Concepts Limited
- Security Motor Bike Patrol Supervisor & Driver Job at Fortune Security Company Limited
- Multimedia Manager Job at Nuach Consulting
- Finance Executive Job at Nuach Consulting