Communications Intern at ActionAid Nigeria (AAN)
ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is an independent, not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It is a national organization affiliated with an International body with operations in over 44 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Communications Intern
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Communicatons Coordinator
Line Management: None
- The Communication Intern's positionis an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience.
- It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Communication Intern is responsible for assigned communications roles including supporting and executing the organisation’s social media strategy, managing organisation’sprioritised social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- The intern will work directly with the Communication’s Coordinator and closely with team leaders, project leads, partner organisations and our target communities.
Support Campaigns and Communications activities:
- Provide support and participate in campaign activities directly handled in the unit
- Provide support and participate in all inter-thematic policy advocacy and campaign initiatives
- Provide support and participate in Monitoring, documentation, dissemination and encouragement of critical debate, and mainstreaming of public policy advocacy.
- Support case study collections related to policy and campaigns works
Social Media Community Management:
- Work on the organisation’s social media platforms
- Work with the Communications Coordinator on all of AAN online activities
- Work on seamless linkages of the organisation’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube LinkedIn and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter.
- Monitoring and replying to communications on the platforms under the guidance of Communications Coordinator.
- Posting information, uploading photos and videos on the platforms on a daily basis or as is directed by Communications Coordinator.
- Make use of relevant tools like Tweet Deck to plan for weekends and holidays; LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation; and other tools likeSlideShare, You Tube, Paper.Li, Scribd, Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Work with relevant teams and projects’ leads to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities as it relates to the Communications hub and implementation of AAN Communications Strategy
- Internal Relationships:Entire AAN staff
- External Relationships: Media, Communications Consultants/service providers, CSOs, relevant Government agencies and partners
- First Degree in Mass Communication or any relevant field.
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Relevant NYSC experience
- Knowledge of the social media platforms
- Experience working in Digital Media sector
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Content production/Photography skills
- A personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission, values and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be considered.
- The job will require candidates who live in Lagos as detailed in the attached.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Communications Intern - Abuja.
- Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates
- Graduate Communications Officer Job at Workarena
- Online Marketing Intern Recruitment at Transsnet Financial
- Offline Marketing Intern Recruitment at Transsnet Financial
- Chief Marketing Officer Job at Emerging Platforms Group
- Marketing and Communications Specialist Job at e.Stream Networks
- Marketing Manager Job at Cheki Nigeria Limited
- Marketing Executive Job at PoweredUp Consulting
- Pillar Pole Limited Recruitment for a Marketing Manager - Extrusion Department
- Marketing Executive Job at CWAY GROUP
- Digital Communications Manager Job at Civic Innovation Lab