Community Finance Officer (BRICC) Job at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Community Finance Officer (BRICC)
Job Location: Yobe
- The Community Finance Officer is responsible to execute all task with respect to the financial activities in the field/ base office.
- He/She is to also be in support of the projects being implemented on the field by giving support to the Project Manager and the Head of Base (HOB).
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with the Regional Administrator, and other collaborators on the project, he / she will:
- Train the Community Village Saving and Loan Assocation (VSLA) members on developing business plan, profit and loss, marketing and keeping records which will enable them independently manage their businesses.
- Facilitate development of specific business plans for each VSLA group and produce a plan that can be easily understood and implemented by the members.
- Regularly travel to the field and hold meetings/trainings with the VSLA groups to enhance their skills in VSLA engagement, conduct group trainings with the members on procedures and regulations that must be followed for successful enterprises and sustainability
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records relating to EU – BRICC project and ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Prepare documents for payments, verify supporting documents according to COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale rules as well as country specific legal regulations, review data and record them in the Accounting System
- Organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents when reviewed and approved cash book has been returned from Coordination office in Maiduguri;
- Keep the country and individual project inventory records updated in cooperation with the Logistic Department and assist in performing random physical inventories and stock-taking;
- Be the finance focal point for cash distributions, checking documentation prior to and after distributions and being physically present to monitor distributions and payments;
- Run bank errands, which include transfer requests, withdrawals and issuing/receiving letters and bank statements etc.
- Assist with any other duties in the organization, as directed by the PM, Country Administrator, Regional Administrator and Human Resources Manager.
- B.Sc/HND in Accountancy, Finance, Banking Business Administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience of working with a Non-Governmental organizations especially in a similair roles and working with the community. Proven experience in conducting trainings will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in statistics and other software (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level office software applications, including spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of managing and handling cash
- Possession of a recognized professional accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA, ICAN or other professional body will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in similar roles in a humanitarian set up
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri)
- Finance & Admin Assistant/Intern Recruitment at eHealth4everyone
- Account Officer Job at Animal Care Service Konsult Nigeria Limited
- Chief Financial Officer Job at Aldelia Group
- Finance Representative Job at LifeBank
- Internal Auditor Officer Job at Rovedana
- Ongoing Recruitment for Investment Associate at Lidya Global
- Chief Accountant Job at Signal Alliance
- Junior Auditor Job at Allied Thrust and Systems Nigeria Limited
- Accountant/Internal Auditor Job at OutsideIn HR Limited
- Internal Control Manager Job at Willers Solutions Limited