Construction Manager Job at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Construction Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- The job holder will be managing multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines demonstrated by ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to hire suitable staff for successful completion of projects
- In-depth knowledge of different building methods and project management computer software.
- Project Management and Risk management functions
- Project Finance monitoring and Contract Administration
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for multiple new construction and remodelling projects across the company’s entire portfolio of projects.
- Participate in project scoping and budgeting of remodel projects.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Obtain the company’s corporate project approvals.
- Manage all dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Manage design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of the approved site plan, budget, Owner criteria, etc
- Manage the bidding process with the design team and approved general contractors.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
Qualification and Experience:
- An Undergraduate degree from a recognized and accredited University in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or other related fields
- 10 Years’ experience in construction engineering with at least 6 years in a Construction Management position
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Familiar with commercial construction building codes, energy codes, barrier free codes, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement
- Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and demonstrated ability to write precisely, effectively, and persuasively.
- A can do/proactive attitude.
- Builder Job at Dayola Property and Development
- Construction Project Manager Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Civil Engineer - Construction Job at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
- Business Development Officer (Construction) Job at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
- Construction Manager Job at Akin-kunbi Nigeria limited
- General Civil Works Engineer Job at AIM Consultants Limited
- Civil Works Quality Control Inspector Job at Eninat Global Resources Limited (EGRL)
- Marketing Specialist
- Construction Engineer Recruitment at Catholic relief services
- Construction Engineer Job at Emperor Integrated Farms and Projects Limited