Consultancy Job at UNDP
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant: Baseline Survey for Emergency Assistance to Women/Girl IDPs and other Women/Girls Survivors of Insurgency in Northern Nigeria
Location: Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe States and F.C.T, NIGERIA
Time left: 15d 16h 38m
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2016
Duration of Initial Contract: 26 Working days
Expected Duration of Assignment: 26 Working days
Analysis of the humanitarian Strategy documents indicate that gender issues, particularly practical and strategic needs as well as the actions targeting this population are not fully taken into account, from the indicator point of view. Only the issues linked with GBV are mentioned in the protection cluster. However, indicators limited to this level are still very global. Even if various actors are willing and able to integrate information and strategies orientated towards gender, data is unavailable and critical resources allocated to attain gender responsive results are minimal.
It is therefore based on the priority to reinforce the integration of gender in humanitarian response in Nigeria and to make it more efficient when targeting women and girls, that UN Women has decided undertake a baseline survey and requires three (3) Research Assistants (one per state - Adamawa, Bauchi and Gombe).
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the expected results from this baseline study:
- Changes anticipated as part of this intervention clearly identified;
- Enhanced understanding of gender responsiveness of humanitarian action in the 3 project states;
- Priority areas on Economic Empowerment for women and girls affected by the insurgency identified and initiated.
Under the guidance of and reporting directly to the supervising baseline survey consultant, each Research Assistant will be responsible for the following generic on-demand activities:
- Compile, analyze and synthesize information for the supervising baseline survey consultant;
- Perform research assistance to carry out data collection in respect of the baseline survey assignment in this initiative;
- Support the development of methodologies, reports, briefs, etc. on specific issues;
- Characterize specific groups in terms of different indicator;
- Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative);
- Deliver the specific products described above within the established deadlines.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Highly developed research assistance skills;
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources;
- Computer literate; must be able to use the Internet and other research and applied research tool effectively;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Teamwork - excellent interpersonal, organizational and management skills and ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams is critical.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Able to manage complex problems proactively and effectively, including responses to field based emergencies;
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing and complex environment, and to produce results under stress;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Proven organizational and communication skills;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Politics, International Relations or related Development field. Master's Degree may be an additional asset.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the area of field data gathering preferably in Nigeria;
- Strong research background. Experience in data collection and analysis;
- Knowledge of women’s rights issues in the context of Peace and Security, gender equality and SGBV matters;
- Able to work independently with efficiency and competence;
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in a major local language of northern Nigeria will be highly
- Digital Medical Officer (Volunteer) Recruitment at MedicBird Health Services Limited
- Child Protection Specialist, NOC Recruitment at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Volunteer Fundraising Officer Job at Healthcare Philanthropy
- Country Representative Job at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Communication & Advocacy Specialist (Child Protection) - (P-3) Recruitment at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Microsoft Interns4Afrika Program 2020
- Consular Assistant Job at The Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria
- Schlumberger Limited Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS Graduate Internship 2020
- Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Nationwide recruitment 2020