Consultant II: Development and Finalization of SOPs for cHMIS at the National Level Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant II: Development and Finalization of SOPs for cHMIS at the National Level
Job ID: 13-10732
Job Location: Abuja
Reports To: Director, HMIS
- The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria.
- The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system, including community systems strengthening (CSS) as another critical component to be addressed in support of RSSH.
- The RSSH grant is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria program areas. In doing so it will have interventions targeted at the HMIS, PSM & Lab system strengthening areas. There is also the additional dimension of the innovative "State approach" to be piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination among others.
- FMOH recently finalized cHMIS tools and has started to roll it out. In order to standardize and strengthen the usage of cHMIS tools and ensure that the data collected using the cHMIS tools meet the required standard of quality, an SOP will be required to guide the use.
- In line with specific intervention targeted strengthening Health Management Information system, the project team is proposing a short term technical assistance for development and finalization of SOPs for cHMIS at the national level. The cHMIS SOPs will serve as national reference document in all community HMIS related matters as well as strengthen data quality with respect to data collected on community interventions.
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to develop and finalize cHMIS SOPs at the national level to guide the use of cHMIS tools at communities in line with the national HMIS strategy.
- Liaise with relevant staff of FMoH (DPRS/NASCP/NMEP, NTBLCP), NPHCDA, NACA, and other stakeholders/department to:
- Review and harmonize the cHMIS tools i.e. the data collection and the reporting tools; the SOP for the facility HMIS tools to understand the architecture and also the draft SOP for cHMIS with identified stakeholders in a workshop
- Review the report for the cHMIS tools pilot
- Identify areas where the current draft of the tools and cHMIS SOP needs to be updated using information from the pilot activities
- Develop a draft of the SOP with the core stakeholders which will be further reviewed and fine-tuned by the consultant
- Facilitate a 2 days residential workshop with identified stakeholders to review and finalize the cHMIS SOP as appropriate
- Finalize the draft cHMIS SOP based on the information from the review workshop
- Submit final cHMIS SOP to FMOH
Estimated level of effort: 15 working days:
- Final version of the cHMIS SOP
- Comprehensive report of the workshop
- Comprehensive activity report
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant will be a graduate with at least 8 years of reviewing and developing HMIS documents with evidence of work done in Nigeria
- S/he must be competent in Strategic document preparation and community program interventions
- S/he must show proven understanding of National HMIS Strategy and area(s) of improvement
- Lead Consultant Recruitment at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Lead Consultant Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Imo State Government Recruitment for Consultant - Building Design
- BRANCH MANAGER
- Regional Sales Manager
- Research Analyst
- Business Operations Manager
- HR Consultant Recruitment at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Advisor Job at AXA Mansard
- BUSINESS CONSULTANT