Data Officer Job at Sightsavers
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Data Officer
Job Location: Kaduna
Reports to: Country Technical Adviser, NTDs
Responsible for: Database for downstream partners under ASCEND
Department: Finance and Performance
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Job Purpose (The Overall Purpose and Function of the Job)
- The Data Officer is will support downstream partners in data collection, analysis and reporting on the epidemiological and training, mass administration of medicine and maintenance of information technology for the DFID ASCEND project in Nigeria
- The role will work closely with the Country Technical Adviser, NTDs and ensure the accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness of the programme data.
- The Data Officer is a member of the Country NTD technical team and will report to the Country Technical Adviser, NTDs.
Key Accountabilities (Specific Activities and End Results)
Data Management (80% of time):
- Support the Country Technical Adviser NTDs to oversee data entry, validation, analysis and reporting on the epidemiological, social data and training, mass administration of medicine and maintenance of information technology.
- Support the downstream partners under ASCEND in ensuring the collection of quality data by supporting, training, monitoring and supportive supervision and data review.
- Monitor treatment in the field and conduct periodic spot check to validate treatment report.
Dissemination of Reports (20% of time):
- Ensure the timely dissemination of reports including key performance indicators to the Country Technical Adviser NTDs to ensure timely production of programme reports.
- The principal accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skill and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Jobholder Entry Requirements - The Essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Significant relevant working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver training session.
- Computer literacy including hands on experience in statistical packages.
- Experience in database management system for an integrated programme
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Excellent financial and resource management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver group training sessions.
- Able to travel regularly on a national and international basis.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Networking and influencing both within and outside the organisation
- Change and improvement – Seeks continuous improvement in own and team’s performance. Assists and encourages others to adapt to change and implement new ideas.
- Communicating and influencing – Identifies the needs of others, uses effective approaches and styles to persuade and communicates to groups in an interesting and effective way.
- Decision making – Consults and listens to take clear and timely decisions.
- Planning and organisation – Develops plans considering all the resources necessary to achieve objectives. Monitors objectives and measurement systems on a regular basis, identifying trends and key messages in data.
- Delivery and implementation – Continues to perform objectives positively in the face of pressures from various sources. Ensure the team has a ‘can do’ attitude and customer service mentality.
- Team working – Encourages and supports team members to ensure contributions are recognised, delegates effectively and encourages working in collaboration.
- Country Technical Adviser, NTDs
- Programme Managers
- Programme Officers
- State Programme Team
- NTD Data team UK
- Deputy Country Director
- Project partners/NGOs
- State Partners/Ministries of Health
- NTD communities in Nigeria
Local Terms & Conditions apply
9th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form" and "Equal Opportunities Form" by clicking the link below and return as two separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Click here to Download Application Form (doc)
Click here to Download Equal Opportunities Form (doc)
Click here to for more information
- Data Entry Personnel Job at Fort Knox Resourcing & Outsourcing Limited
- Content Writer and Researcher Recruitment at PropertyPro.ng
- Content Manager Intern Recruitment at Human Capacity Development Consultants Limited
- Data Entry Officer Job at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Graduate Content Editing Internship Programme 2019 at CareerSmart
- Digital Content Manager Job at ZonicMe Limited
- Data Assistant - EU Recruitment at Save the Children
- Copywriter Job at Moore Advice
- Content Writer/Researcher Recruitment at a reputable company
- Data Entry Officer Job at Rovedana