Database Administrator II at WAEC
The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organisation responsible for the conduct of a variety of examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications, to be completed online, from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant position below in its Nigeria National Office:
Job Position: Database Administrator II
Job Location: Nigeria
- Applicants for this position must have Bachelor's Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division in Computer Science (or allied discipline) from a reputable University and with at least three (3) years post NYSC hands on practical experience.
Prospective applicants should further satisfy the following categories of requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Database Management Systems, structures and theory
- Advanced knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and XML database Management Systems
- Experience with DB2 and MS SQLSERVER
- Experience in cognitive data reporting and analytic tools.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports; analyse and review research reports; be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser/planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
- All Applicants must possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics. Applicants should not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the Advertisement.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary paid by the Council is very attractive. Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience. The successful applicants will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- For new users, when the page opens, kindly click the "You are not logged in yet, go to user access verification pager" at the bottom of the page.
- Once registration is completed, a "Verification Code" would be sent to the email address you supplied during the user creation. Use the "Verification Code" to verify your account or follow the instructions sent to your mail. You can also verify your account by Clicking Here
- If you have registered and verified a user account, enter your login details and click on the "Sign In" button
Application Requirement Summary
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (primary, secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb and dimension between 400x600pixels to 1200x1500pixels
- Scanned National Youth Service Corps certificate or exemption letter size between 50kb to 120kb (see dimension for certificates)
- Scanned copies of Professional certifications where applicable (see dimension for certificates)
- Employment history (name of employer, position or post held, responsibilities and duration of employment)
- A minimum of three (3) years cognate experience
- A minimum of three (3) references
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Senior Network Engineer Job at Dangote Group
- Network/IT Support Engineer Job at Xown Solutions Limited
- IT Project Manager Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- IT Risk / IT Audit Manager Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- System/Network Engineer Job at Netcom Africa
- Data Scientist Job at Sterling Bank Plc
- IT Senior Functional Analyst Job at IT Senior Functional Analyst
- Network Engineer Job at Ezyride Luxury Nigeria Limited
- Operations Manager Job at Willers Solutions Limited -
- IT Senior Functional Analyst