Database Administrator Job at SW Global Limited
SW Global Limited - We are one of the largest Information Technology Company to emerge from West Africa with focus on solution delivery for Public and Private Sector Clients. Our market reach for our products have also powered enterprises in the USA, Ghana, Sierra Leon, Liberia, South Africa, Uganda and Sri Lanka.
Our Model provides Institutions with quick and easy access to mission- critical applications that removes the need for the direct total cost of ownership for business applications or expensive ICT infrastructure acquisitions. The turnkey solutions developed ensure cost effectiveness, enhanced operational efficiency and increased transparency.
Join our profound expert and dynamic team in Nigeria for the position below:
Job Position: Database Administrator
Code: DBA 0051
Job Location: Abuja
- The Database Administrator's role is to design, test and implement database, applying knowledge of database management systems and ensuring database performance, protection and security.
- Producing and designing a detailed data model of a database, including all necessary logical and physical design elements.
- Managing and fine tune existing database systems for performance gain and conformity.
- Design database structure (logical data model) to meet user requirements.
- Assess feasibility and costs of the database, e.g. by performing an ICT project study.
- Program databases in computer languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Develop user interfaces, e.g. by programming internet applications.
- Maintain and adapt existing databases according to new user requirements and following developments in programming techniques.
- Working with database management systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySqI, PostgreSql, MariaDB) to model, store, organise and manage data.
- Troubleshooting database systems for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySqI, PostgreSql, and MariaDB
- Keeping databases up to date
- Standard compliance database design and development
- Managing database access
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implementing security measures
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure reliable operation
- Providing user training, support and feedback
- Writing disaster recovery plans
- Database archiving.
- Essential Demonstrable hands-on experience of database administration. Proficiency in an automated database design lifecycle
- Strong analysis and reasoning skills. Experience in writing conceptual models and testing
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to company’s Code of Conduct, applicable policies & procedures, as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Ability to make balanced judgments. Problem solver Patient, meticulous and logical
- High standards in what constitutes a releasable product
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology or other directly relevant degree
- 3 years working experience in core Database Administration.
- A basic working knowledge of version control in a system (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience in logical and physical design of database using database management system
- Experience in database structures, analytics and administration
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology
- Experience using JIRA & other Atlassian suite products.
- Experience using modeling tools and languages such as UML/ERD. Database administrator certification (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSql, MySql).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: Careers@swglobal.com Using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Note: SW Global is an equal opportunity employer. Factors Such as race, gender, tribe, religion and other non-performance or productivity related factors do not form part of our recruitment decisions.
- IT Administrator Job at Royal Power and Energy Limited
- Network Engineer Job at a reputable company
- IT Personnel Recruitment at 3 CONSULTING
- IT Service Desk Officer Job at MainOne Cable
- MASE Contractors Nigeria Limited Recruitment for IT Support Staff
- Head, ICT & System Recruitment at a reputable company
- IT Instructions/Facilitator Recruitment at KISoTech Digital
- Hardware Systems Engineer Recruitment at Coniah Systems Support Limited
- Computer Hardware Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- IT Field Technician (Hardware & Networking) Job at 3Supports Services