Deputy Chief of Party, Rural Resilience job at Catholic relief services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Deputy Chief of Party, Rural Resilience
Req Nigeria: I4522
Job Location: Abuja
Position Status: Regular
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular, full time
Reports to: Country/Location: Chief of Party
- CRS is preparing for an anticipated multi-million-dollar, multi-year USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Program, which will support poverty reduction for vulnerable households in Nigeria.
- This effort will contribute to CRS’ agriculture and livelihoods signature program area and ongoing efforts to promote resilience, recovery and development within Nigeria and neighboring countries around the Lake Chad Basin.
- The Deputy Chief of Party (COP) will support the Chief of Party in meeting project objectives and deliverables and in providing overall leadership in technical, administrative, operational, and management aspects.
- The DCOP will support relationship management with USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria, partners and external stakeholders.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Manage key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the Rural Resilience project. Serve as a point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed.
- Manage key functions of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. Contribute to ensuring the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Contribute to the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Help ensure compliance with USAID grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID.
- Maintain relationships with key staff of consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none):
- Program staff including technical, managerial, and administration staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, Management, Agriculture, Nutrition, Finance, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of international management experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in resilience, agriculture-based and rural development
- At least 5 years of DCOP experience on a USAID-funded program.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar environment i.e. conflict and harsh climatic conditions is mandatory; experience in North East Nigeria is preferred.
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size (US$ 10M and above) and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required Foreign Language:
- English fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required.
- Proficiency in Hausa or Kanuri preferred.
Agency Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Accountability and Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Committed to Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Has a Strategic Mindset
- To field locations in Nigeria
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Lead
- Personal Shopper/Sales Officer
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Store Manager Job at First Excelsia Professional Services Limited
- Business Development Lead
- Sales/Marketing Executive
- Sales Manager Job at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Sales Executive
- In-Store Sales Representative