Director, Legal and Compliance Departments
Legal Consultants - Our client, is a group of companies operating in several sectors of Nigerian economy. We are seeking to recruit for the client very experienced lawyers to occupy the vacant position below in different companies:
Job Title: Director, Legal and Compliance Departments
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The successful Candidate should have the skills and significant experience to lead and manage Legal Services and Regulatory Compliance for the Company, including strategically representing the Company. on behalf of the Board of Directors.
- Lead, manage and develop Legal Services in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, Nigerian Law and strategic direction from the Company's CEO, Management and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with other relevant departments in implementing and monitoring the company’s business processes to maintain robust compliance and control, in line with external regulatory requirements.
- Provide independent advice to CEO and Management, including views on any strategic development related to local regulatory and policies that may have an impact on the Company.
- Review all contracts, MoUs, agreements and all documentation where the Company has committed itself and highlight legal implications that need to the attention of the CEO.
- Strengthen the Company’s relations and networking with relevant Government Institutions, key Associations and Nigerian Chambers of Commerce.
- Oversee and monitor the legal aspects of the Company and its transactions, in order to protects interest and support the business strategy.
- Manage litigations involving the Company, drive and institute litigation strategies and practical legal solutions to disputes, while upholding the Company’s legal position and reputation.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- An LL.M, relevant Post graduate degree or professional qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Appropriate numerical and computer skills, including proficiency in the use at Microsoft Office packages.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Mature and confident, with initiative, excellent judgment and analytical.
- Not more than 55 years of age.
- Minimum of 20 years cumulative experience in a Legal Regulatory and/or Compliance role, either with a leading Bank or FMCG Company, Securities House Regulator or reputable Accountancy Practice or Legal Practice.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the requirements of a Company Secretary.
- The client is one of the most attractive employers in Nigeria in terms of remuneration packages and prospects for growth.
- Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital (BDTH) Massive Recruitment 2018
- Head of Corporate Governance at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Legal Officer
- Senior Associate (Transactions)
- Senior Associate (Business Development)
- Senior Associate (Litigation)
- Group Head, Legal Services & Company Secretary at Elevantix Consulting
- Brand Protection Manager at Guiness Nigeria Plc
- Manager, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria