Driver Job at The Eye foundation hospital
Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with speciality in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high-tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub-specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Driver
Job Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Facility Manager/Hospital Service Manager
- To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods
- Act as a backup for the Receptionist, assist with meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events and perform occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
Transport of staff, consumables and hospital equipment (Logistic Support):
- Provide transportation for Head of Office, other employees of EFH and visitors.
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Pick up flight tickets.
- Deliver correspondence and consumables to other branches.
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits
Service vehicle maintenance management:
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for service vehicles with the Transportation Department and apply for the renewal for the vehicle license.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside - Keep track of timely car insurance renewals
- Update monthly mileage records.
- Maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis.
Act as back up for the Receptionist and as a messenger:
- Act as a backup for the Receptionist during lunch hours and as needed by answering to the phone and taking care of visitor registration, incl. maintaining a register of incoming visitors.
- Support Administration Section as a messenger by assisting with the mail deliveries, both incoming and outgoing.
- Assist with office and meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events.
- Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as hanging pictures and small office repairs.
- Minimum of senior secondary school certificate is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a corporate driver.
- A soft Technical skill in electrical or Mechanical is an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Candidates must reside in Ikorodu.
- Registration with LASDRI (Lagos State Drivers’ Institute) is mandatory
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post-trip maintenance tasks.
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of city streets and addresses.
- Excellent GPS and navigation skills.
- Skilled in contacting passengers by phone and arrange the pick-up time.
- Talented in preparing and making the route in an efficient way.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
- Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and unloading their luggage.
- Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journeys.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit.
- Known for transporting passengers in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Adept at collecting fares.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality.
- Effective skills in maintaining the log of mileage, the number of trips, passengers, and destinations.
- Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Special talent for interact with guests and clients in a respectful and amicable manner.
- Willing to work flexible schedule and locations.
- Capable of lifting heavy items.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Truck Driver Job at Hamik Engineering Limited (HEL)
- Driver Job at Orfema Pharmaceutical Industry Limited
- Executive Driver Job at FlexEdge Limited
- Executive Driver Job at Standard Bearers School (SBS)
- Employment Opportunities at A reputable school
- Driver Job at Royal Power and Energy Limited
- Driver Job at International Masters Security Systems Limited
- Driver Job at Recore Limited
- Driver Job at Chef Eros & Co
- Driver Job at PropertyPro.ng