Editor in Chief Job at Business Elites Africa
Business Elites Africa educates, empowers and inspires entrepreneurs, business owners and leaders throughout the continent of Africa. Delivers impactful, business-related articles that are: Actionable. Timely. Instructive. Relevant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Editor in Chief
Job Location: Lagos
- Business Elites Africa Magazine, the leading business magazine for SME’s in Nigeria, seeks an experienced Editor in Chief to join our team and lead the development and improvement of editorial, digital and social content.
- The primary goal will be to define and execute a strategy for content that leverages the expertise, history and assets of a seasoned magazine and build and improve upon that content bringing the brand to the same level as other award-winning international business magazines.
- That plan will center on elevating editorial content that can’t help but grab the attention of an audience of educated, affluent, civic-minded African business minds.
- Reporting to the Publisher, this is a leadership position that will manage the full-time, part-time and freelance staff and define and execute an overall strategy for BEA Magazine and related products.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial background and an innovative approach to content creation and brand development.
- Managing all editorial production for BEA Magazine, including in-house and third-party partners
- Working collaboratively with editors and art department in development of stories from idea phase to production
- Cultivating stable of freelance writers and photographers
- Manage editorial budget
- Create and maintain the brand and voice of the magazine across all channels
- Developing relationships with community partners, leaders and organizations to increase the awareness and presence of BEA Magazine
- Work with analytics to conduct research, tracking and develop industry trends and analyses that informs content investment and optimization
- Contributing ideas for brand development, audience growth and new business opportunities
- 5+ years experience in journalism, with minimum 2 years on staff at a magazine.
- Minimum 2 -year managerial experience, including experience managing editorial staff, design team, freelance and intern writers.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- Insider knowledge and network of Nigeria C-suite executives
- Exceptional time-management, problem solving, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with a variety of personality styles and can be a positive-minded problem solver.
- Collaborative, open leadership style; knows when to delegate and enjoys helping others develop their skills
- The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback.
- Olohi Integrated Farms Limited Recruitment for Director of Operations
- Content Writer/Developer Recruitment at BusinessPlus Services
- Operations Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Group Accounts Manager Job at Culminate Consulting
- Habike Queens World Limited Recruitment for Operations Manager
- MasterMindsHRSG Recruitment for Project Director
- Construction Project Manager Job at SA&B Mega Resources
- Copywriter Job at SA&B Mega Resources
- Project Manager Job at COOPI
- Digital Creative Copywriter Job at Markova Creative Limited