Electrical Training Instructor Job at Zipline
Zipline - Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Electrical Training Instructor, Africa
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
About you and the Role
- Zipline is building a global network of Distribution Centers from which our battery-powered autonomous aircraft deliver lifesaving medical supplies to patients in some of the most difficult to reach places on Earth
- As we build new Distribution Centers, we must also build strong teams of flight operators and arm them with the knowledge and skills to keep those high-tech systems operational in harsh, remote environments.
- As an Electrical Training Instructor (ETI), you will be responsible for conducting and updating our training program for all of the Nest Electrical Technicians.
- As an ETI you will deliver the training and ensure the transfer of skills needed to perform the installation and maintenance on our systems will be done safely and to our high Zipline standards.
- Through this process you will work closely with engineers, manufacturing technicians, and flight operators to gain a deep technical understanding of Zipline’s technology, the current procedures, as well as the pain points and gaps.
- You’ll then need to draw on industry best practices and come up with creative new solutions that fit Zipline’s unique needs but allow our team to remain safe and operating at peak efficiency.
- You must be resourceful and scrappy when needed, but always maintain an exceptional standard of safety, care and professionalism in the training you deliver.
- At Zipline, we live our core values of transparency, servant leadership, and customer centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a mission-driven environment enables us to tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
- In this role, you will be serving and supporting operators at our Distribution Centers to reach the ambitious but necessary goal of 100% operational uptime, because every person who relies on Zipline for access to life-saving medicines deserves nothing less.
N.B: Please note that we are open to this person being based in any country we have operations in Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Côte d'Ivoire).
What You'll Do
- Become an expert on key systems, techniques, and processes, such as: equipment and systems at a Zipline Distribution Center, existing installation processes, and troubleshooting/maintenance best practices
- Build and continuously update training curriculum to reflect Zipline’s latest Electrical systems and operating procedures
- Support the Academy team to build new training curriculum & conduct trainings across a variety of technical fields
- Train and certify Nest Electrical Technicians (NET) on the correct installation and maintenance of Zipline equipment
- Ensure every NET can independently troubleshoot any equipment issues quickly and safely
- Support the team to launch a new Distribution Center, specifically focused on the electrical installation of technical equipment
- Support the team in responding to and/or fixing any technical issue that arises at a Distribution Center
What You'll Bring
- 5-10 years of experience in the electrical field
- Certification from a recognized organization is preferred but not required
- Ability to conduct engaging classroom and hands-on technical training sessions
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement technical training curriculum
- Capable of performing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on industrial electrical equipment in a safe, detailed and professional manner
- Adept at communicating and working with non-native English speakers
- Able to travel 50% of the time
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
- We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
- Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
- If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.
- Quality Control Engineer Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Project Engineer Job at Strongmas Residence Development
- Team Lead Engineer Job at Jubaili Bros Engineering
- Electro-Technical Officer Job at WTS Energy
- Customer Service Engineer Trainee Job at Buhler
- DevOps Engineer Job at Asante Financial Services Group
- Senior Frontend Engineer Job at Umba
- The Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu Recruitment for Polytechnic Librarian
- The Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu Recruitment for Rector
- Software Engineer Job at The American University of Nigeria