Engineering Manager Job at Moove
Moove is on a mission to redefine what large scale rideshare leasing and vehicle ownership look like in Africa. We are developing an innovative model to rapidly improve the availability of vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across major metro cities while also creating sustainable jobs for drivers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Engineering Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced engineer and architect to join us and lead the buildout of our core platforms, teams, and expansion across Africa. The Engineering Manager position will report to the CTO and will work closely with operations team leads and country leads to implement an architectural roadmap for our applications and help to expand the engineering and product teams
- You will lead multiple functional teams and manage the design, development, and delivery of technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real time maintenance and analytics.
- Our ideal candidate must have considerable experience building, leading, and managing teams at a mid to large scale. This candidate needs to have knowledge and experience using both Frontend and Backend technologies as well as significant experience building scalable and fault-tolerant backend platforms along with the development of internal and external APIs with major emphases on real time data. As an experienced engineer, we assume that you have superb knowledge of software architecture, API development, Microservices, and DevOps.
- Work with the CTO, Country Leads, and Operation Team Leads to design and implements frameworks and applications that will support current operations and expansion
- Collaborate closely with the Team Leads, Engineers, UX, Design to turn designs and prototypes into well-crafted experiences that work seamlessly across all browsers and devices
- Provide leadership to engineers across functional pods to help set technical roadmaps and ensure on-time delivery of high-quality products
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout all of engineering, data and otherwise, moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers at Moove with a focus on building diverse teams
What You will need for this position:
- 4+ years of overall development experience which includes leading and managing functional teams.
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture from start to finish.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous Delivery).
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines.
- Experience working with a startup is a huge plus.
- AWS (EC2/ECS, Lambda, S3, Elasticsearch)
- RESTful APIs & GraphQL
- Django / NodeJS / ReactJS
- Elasticsearch / MongoDB
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Engineering Manager" as the subject of the email.
- Current Job Opportunities at a Real Estate Compnany
- Latest Recruitment at Emmastina International Limited
- Technical Officer Job at daytona recruitment agency
- Employment Opportunities at West Africa Container Terminal
- Graduate Engineers Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- Employment Opportunities at Marriott International
- Electrical / Electronics Engineer Job at Labana Rice Mills Limited
- Technical Sales Engineer Job at Toten Consulting
- Recent Job Openings at Haulage and Logistics Nigeria
- Graduate Engineer Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited