Fibre Optics Engineer Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Fibre Optics Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding and grounding.
- Coordinate fiber activities with other departments and the Manager of OSP construction
- Perform ring cuts on live fiber without affecting existing services.
- Perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
- Terminate, splice, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to division standards.
- Provide accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
- Assist Construction/Engineering departments in accepting and turning up the fiber network.
- Perform installation of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
- Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment.
- Install demarcation enclosures and other telecom equipment.
- Must be well versed in modern fiber splicing techniques.
- OTDR, power meters, traffic identifiers, digital multimeters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, toners, duct rodders, ladders, bucket trucks
- Ability to work under minimal supervision. And apply technical expertise to evaluate problems and implementing the best solutions.
- Work a variety of schedules including normal duty and on call duty.
- Will be required to work night shifts and overtime when needed.
Education and Qualifications
- BSc / HND in Electrical Electronic/Computer engineering or other related Course.
- Independent problem solver combined with strong team orientation.
- 3+ years of technical experience in a telecommunications or network operations environment.
- Knowledgeable in cisco switching and routing configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of telecommunication equipment operation.
- Good experience of multi-vendor telecommunication equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after the time above will be automatically rejected.
- Maintenance Manager Job at SUNDAY TECH
- Card Printing and Graphic Assistant Job at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- System Auditor Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Service Centre Consultant Job at Core Group Southern Africa
- Creative & User Interface Designer Job at Crowdyvest
- Technical Marketer Job at Idyllic Technologies Limited
- Education Portal Administrator Job at NetPro International Limited
- IT Solutions Developer Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Blow Moulding Engineer Job at Candel Company Limited
- Structural Engineer Job at Rimdinado International