Field Service Technician Job at Daystar Power Group
Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Field Service Technician
Job Locations: Lagos, Katsina, Bauchi, Yobe, Sokoto, Plateau, Jigawa, Benue and Kogi State
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage competent and experienced Field Service Technicians to install, maintain and operate our sites in Lagos, Katsina, Bauchi, Yobe, Sokoto, Plateau, Jigawa, Benue and Kogi State of Nigeria.
- He or she will troubleshoot and repair PV inverters, commission new equipment, and increase customer satisfaction through quality service and professional behaviour. We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Installs solar, battery, generators and AC's at sites across Nigeria.
- Maintains PPE and ensures site safety.
- Maintains assigned tools.
- Produces daily reports achievement.
- Performs frequent site visits to maintain the solar power plant, generators and AC's.
- Resolves site issues remotely and through site visits.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the first line of contact for client complaint
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of Daystar Power Group in Nigeria.
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Education: Minimum of an Ordinary national diploma or Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferably Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry, installing and/or maintaining solar systems and generators.
- Language Proficiency: English.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- The Technician shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- Approximately 5% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities - depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
- Massive Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Factory Worker Job at Avant Halogen
- Solar Installer Supervisor Job at QuantumX Energy Limited
- Recent Vacancies at Dangote Group
- Recent Opportunities at Uniterm Nigeria Limited
- Electrical Technician Job at De Tastee Group
- Ladgroup Limited Recruitment for a Mechanical Technician
- Machine Operator Job at Adady Global Industries Limited
- Experienced Wheel Balancing and Alignment Specialist Recruitment
- Industrial Electrician Job at Buffalocrete Construct Limited