Finance & Administrative Officer Job at Medecins Du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance & Administrative Officer
Job Location: Damboa, Borno
Job Field: Finance/Administration/HR
Line Manager: Base Log & Admin Manager Damboa
- Under the supervision of the Base & Log Admin manager, the Finance & Admin Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Implements and explains MDM financial rules as needed, including donor rules under guidance of the Finance Coordinator.
- Support the Base Log & Admin Manager in the review of MRs, evaluation grids by ensuring the donor and saga code are completed
- Review all payments requests for completion before they are submitted to Field Coordinator /Finance Coordinator for payment
- Participates in the yearly budget and revised budget construction with the Finance coordinator.
- Ensures the respect of accounting rule set as per MdM standards;
- Preparation of payment related to the daily operation of the MdM programs after double check of records, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations etc.)
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled, and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier with amount clearly written and stamped PAID);
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the Base Log & Admin Manager and according to MdM procedures;
- Supervises the Finance Assistant to make sure to enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- For bank payments send the complete documents to coordination office in due time.
- Ensures accurate SAGA entries and also complete the month-end accountancy closure (printouts, accounting annexes and SAGA books to be sent to the Finance coordinator)
- Reconciliation of cash and preparation of the monthly cash counts.
- Collaborate in the preparation of documents for financial/annual audits.
- Lead on the Consolidation of the bi-monthly cash request to the Base log &Admin Manager/Field Coordinator with input from different departments and submit it to Finance Co in Country office.
- Responsible for the cash advance and for utilities and supplier’s payments. Proactively follow up on the same.
- Responsible for daily workers payments and ensure all documents are complete.
- Ensures the payment and justification of any per diem and transport for employees sent out on the field
- Works closely with the Logistics Department to ensure procurement checklists. Also ensure the proper validation cycle is respected (quotations, evaluation and validation grid, purchase order, delivery note, etc);
- Close the accountancy at the end of month and do the cash count with Field coordinator
- Send the complete accountancy and Saga (accounting Software backup to country office) on the 2nd of each month.
Damboa Human Resource Administration and Recruitment:
- Update the payroll data base on monthly bases for all Damboa Staff with their HR information’s, leaves, overtime, advances and all deductions. Calculates overtime and leave to ensure accurate payments to all MDM staff using time sheets for validation
- Using the attendance sheets, and under validation of the Field coordinator, calculate and pay the incentives as per the determined time-table.
- Support HR coordinator to follow-up on any change of policy in the Nigerian/local government legislation or when information on changes in legislation is available. Communicate the different policies/Memos applicable in the office to the rest of staff and ensures they are respected
- Set up for induction for new recruited staffs in Damboa
- Organizes archiving and filing of all HR and administrative documents;
- Assists the Base log &Admin Manager/Field Coordinator/Finance Coordinator and Human Resource Coordinator when necessary
- Supervises Finance Assistant, Cook and Cleaners
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Base/Log Admin Manager or Field Coordinator
- Independently identify areas of work within the department that require support, and carry out the same
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or comparable Degree
- 2-3 years progressive experience in Finance role is a must
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri would be an added advantage
- Experience with NGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Excellent skills in excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Chief Financial Officer Job at StackFX
- Principal Accountant Job at Abuja Clinics
- Administrative Manager Job at Abuja Clinics
- Associate Manager , Compliance and Corporate Finance Job at British American Tobacco
- Front Desk Officer
- Account Officer Job at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Receptionist Job at Management FIRST
- Senior Administrative Assistant Job at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Accounts / Customer Service Executive Job at FirstLead
- Operations Officer Job at Dinerr