Finance and Administration Officers Jobs at CBM International
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Contract: 3 years beginning January 2017
- The finance and administration officer is expected todrive best practices in financial management and administrative management within the clusters assigned to him/her.
- He/She is accountable for ensuring that accurate partner accounts, statistic and financial information are completed to set deadlines and that costs are controlled to within budget allocation.
- He/she assists the Finance and Administration Manager in producing and presenting duster forecasts and budgets, working with CBM accounting systems and to further assist him with partners’ financial reports.
- The position reports directly to the finance and administration manager
Accounting / financial records:
- Manage the cash-flow position of cluster project.
- Develop / disseminate guidelines on efficient use of organisational resources and procedures for purchasing, payment of bills, and other financial transactions,
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Support completion of CBM-supported project audits in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance and consistency with in-countr CBM internal, and donor/MA policies, procedures, as well as donors contracts
- Analyze and present financial reports, budget to actual expenditure information, annual financial statements, request for funds in an accurate and timely manner,
- Maintain financial records and accounts of daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of files and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions,
- Promote a cost consciousness culture and practice and advises partners on best financial practices.
- Support program staff and partners in project budget preparation, as needed,
- Participate in Financial monitoring of implementing partners’ projects
Administration and human resource management:
- Entures compliance with relevant local regulations, with internal policies, donors’ requirements,
- Manages all matters related to project operations and administration,
- Maintaining proper filling and documentation
- Arranging travel logistics for the state officestaff Preparing Weekly/Monthly travel Plan, making hotel reservations, arranging for hotel pick-ups and arranging of Halls, Meals for all training
- Maintain the storage of office supplies, sourcing of vendors, obtaining quotations for required service and arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Maintain the Asset Inventory list in the office.
- Participate in Partner capacity assessments
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the development of individual annual key performance objectives
- Develop individual annual work plan
- Monthly report of activities to the line manager
- Participate in individual annual appraisal
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration, Management or any other related fields.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role with an INGOJNGO, private or public organisation
- Good working knowledge of accounting administration, financial analysis, budgeting procedures and cash/bank reconciliation
- Excellent and demonstrable skills in the use of standard accounting packages and Microsoft Office programmes
- Knowledge of social inclusion, and Navision or any related programme management software is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of advocacy
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package
- Development programme experience in (I) NGO
- Knowledge and experience of project cycle management in development context for 5 years
- Knowledge and experiences of project monitoring of minimum of 3 years
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting on complex projects to international donors
- Cooperation with civil society/government/donors and private sector knowledge and/or experiences
- Working experience in insecure environments
- It is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
- All applicants MUST produce specific and comprehensive information supporting each one of the following criteria, or the application will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified of their access to the next step of the selection process which consists of:
- An oral interview, checking the original certificates submitted in copy during the initial application, and testing professional and personal capacities, which, if successful, grants access to:
- A written test on computer skills
- All candidates orally interviewed will receive feedback of the result of their application
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written
- French will be an added advantage.
- The position is open only to Nigeria nationals.
16th December, 2016.
All qualified candidates should submit in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to "Human Resource Unit" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CM’ Child Safeguarding Policy,
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
- Accountant / Administrator Job at Savvy HR
- Assistant Administrative Manager Job at Hasky Consulting Limited
- Secretary / Executive PA Job at a reputable company
- Administrative / Human Resources Manager Job at Interrand Group
- Executive Assistant Job at Paul Esther Consulting
- Special Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at a reputable company
- Executive Assistant / Office Manager Job at Martyns Consulting
- Procurement and Admin Officer Job at Malaria Consortium
- Massive Recruitment in an Oil and Gas Company in PortHarcourt
- Administrative Manager Job at Solidarites International