Finance and Administrative Officer Job at International Potato Center
International Potato Center (CIP) - CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high-quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions.
CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 Research Centers and 16 Research Programs mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Administrative Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of CIP seeks suitable Nigerian for the position of: Finance and AdministrativeOfficer at the CIP project location in Abuja. NPSSP aims to support potato seed security in Nigeria by building local capacity within the public and private sector to supply adequate amounts of quality seed of in-demand and locally adapted varieties that meet the main market segment, while supporting smallholder farmers in maximizing their investments in seed through building capacity in on-farm seed quality management, good agricultural practices for improving soil health and fertility.
- Support on first-level analysis on financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers, and other aspects of the country’s financial management;
- Develop financial controls, analyse office and project budgets, make recommendations on budget expenditures and monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year;
- Ensure that all financial report is completed on time.
- Coordinate the country statutory annual audits.
- Enter financial information, timely month-end close, and maintain all financial records for projects and the organization;
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements;
- Assist on Timesheet coordination’s;
- Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serves as IT Key user and act as a focal point for security matters.
- Prepare fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories;
- Coordinate procurement of goods and services;
- Follow HR processes and practices of the hosted centre.
- In coordination with the HRBP assigned to the country, advice, and support staff on all aspects of employee relations (from Recruitment to Departure) and help them to interpret and apply HR policies and practices in day-to-day work;
- Support on payroll accruals and reconciliations, maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, following legal requirements.
- Ensure files are well kept in a physical and electronical file for audit purposes.
Grants & Contracts:
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team contracts related actions. This will require to follow up on project management related activities such as signature and agreements or reporting on a need basis.
- Liaise with the G&C office to monitor deliverables reporting for grants applicable to the operations in the Country.
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years of professional experience performing similar functions, preferably in an environment of international organizations or NGOs. Experience in Accounting software packages (ERP’s) will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in MS Office especially in Excel.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Employment Opportunities at FBNQuest Merchant Bank
- Career Opportunities at Greys Restaurant
- Job Vacancies at Tpinnae Hospitality Concept
- Executive Assistant to the CEO at Asset and Equity Group
- Account Officer & Admin Officer Job at Institute of Credit Administration
- Bookkeeper Job at Ameera Ventures Liimited
- Accounts and Billing Officer Job at EHA Clinics
- Administrative Officer Job at Engineering Automation Technology Limited
- Employment Opportunities at Ifeanyi Best Electrical Groups
- Current Vacancies at Dangote Group