Finance and Operations Manager Job at An Abuja-based Non Governmental Organisation
An Abuja-based Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) is recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to support a growing and vibrant team in the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Key Duties an Responsibilities
- Manage the financial control of the NGO’s activities through ensuring implementation of strong finance policies, systems, processes, and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Ensure the management reporting requirements of the office are met, including accurate and timely monthly management accounts, cash flow forecast;
- Ensure that the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the office are met, including preparation of the annual statutory accounts in a timely manner, assisting with the audit process, compliance with tax regulations and other regulatory requirements;
- Prepare and submit periodic donor reports;
- Work with teams and departments to do budget planning for the year based on organisation's activities and programs;
- Ensure that finance policies and procedures are followed and that all staff know what is required of them for full finance compliance;
- Monitor financials using financial tools and budget variance analysis for project and office management;
- Carry out the human resources function including recruitment and selection of new staff;
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the office and operations
- Support in planning and management of meetings, seminars and workshops;
- Provide oversight of IT services and deployment across the organisation;
- Advice the Executive Director on financial planning and Revenue projections
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of duties. The ideal candidate would be expected to carry out tasks that are within scope of role and capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field; A Master's Degree is an advantage
- The candidate shall be a member and hold an appropriate accounting professional qualification from the institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or other recognized body.
- At least 8 years Accounting experience and with a sound knowledge of donor-financed projects.
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets and an ability to identify budget problems and solve them or communicate to the relevant staff; Experience of the day-to-day management of an office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Bookkeeping and payroll experience desirable
- Ability to use QuickBooks is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Motivation Letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) and copy of their ICAN, ACCA or equivalent professional qualifications (only) by e-mail to: socialjusticeNGO@outlook.com The e-mail subject must be clearly marked "Application for Finance Post".
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Mozyk Ventures Limited Recruitment for Cashier
- Cashier Job at Kedi Healthcare Industries (Nigeria) Limited
- Account Officer Job at Beckley Consulting Limited
- Account Clerk Job at Beckley Consulting Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at a reputable company
- Graduate Audit Trainee Recruitment at Uraga Real Estate
- Assistant Accountant Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Accountant Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Cashier Job at Sales Force Consulting
- Auditor Job at Polysonic Nigeria Limited