Finance Associate Job at The Elevation Church
The Elevation Church has been set up by God to develop its members as witnesses of Christ to the general public while empowering them to not only achieve the highest levels of distinction and greatness in life but to work actively with the church to establish community development initiatives to set other individuals on their own paths to greatness.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Associate
Job Location: Lagos
Responsibilities / Job Description
The role is responsible for providing financial and administrative services to the church by way of maintaining financial records, producing required reports and general administration of the finance function as assigned
- Collation of all submitted budgets and planned expenditure to Head of Finance (HoF)
- Ensure disbursements are in line with the approved budget
- Preparation of correspondences to banks and other parties
- Management of existing relationships with all external stakeholders
- Attend and resolve issues with internal parties, auditors, banks, congregants and vendors
- To escalate these issues when necessary to the HoF
- Inflows: Preparation and submission of service reports within 24hours after the event or service
- Reconciliation of all accounts (cash, cheques, online transfers).
- is to be done daily, weekly and monthly. These should thereafter be filed for audit purpose
- Reconciliation of budgets and expenses for different events or projects
- Reconciliation of all card transactions (Naira & USD)
Financial Statements Preparation:
- Preparation of periodic financial statements for managements use
- Up to date and regular posting of transactions on the accounting software
- Processing of transactions on SAGE/QuickBooks for Reports
Fixed Assets Management:
- Regularly updating the Fixed Asset Register and report to HoF
- Accounting for obsolete assets on the Register and escalate to the HoF
- Regularly updating the Insurance Register and report to HoF
- Treatment of Prepayments and Accruals for all insurance of the Organisation
- Ensure availability on all service days.
- Provide support during the counting process from start to finish.
- Ensure accuracy of data compiled for the service report before submission to HoF
Petty Cash Management:
- Disburse and account for all petty cash expenditure by sending periodic reports
- Request for replenishment when due
Cash Flow Management:
- Fixed deposit management using an excel sheet and SAGE/QuickBooks to track additions, rollover, maturity.
- Monitoring and calculation of interest rates to determine investment income
Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc. Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- A masters degree, ACCA, ACA.
- HND in any of those disciplines + A master’s degree, ACCA, ACA.
Relevant Experience & Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting procedures & practices
- Experience using accounting ERP solution packages
- SAGE line 50 and QuickBooks
- Budget Planning & Control
- Cash flow Management
- Bank Reconciliation
- Financial Data Analysing & Interpretation
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Control & Audit
- Up-to-date knowledge of GAAP and theories
- Proficient word processing and excel spreadsheets skills
Attitude and Behavioural Traits:
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Excellent Computing Skills
- Goal-Oriented & Hard working
- A good team player yet able to work well alone
- Finance Manager Job at Flex Plastic Limited
- Accounting Officer Job at Sylken Limited
- Finance and Admin Officer Job at Jhpiego
- Accountant Job at a reputable company
- Risk Advisor / Marketing Executive at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Accountant Intern or NYSC Member At Gracias Global Properties Ltd
- Financial Controller Job at Terragon Limited
- Account Officer and Admin Job at Pause Factory
- Accountant Job at Gatatransport Limited
- Cost Control Officer Job at Pistachio Associates