Finance Manager Job at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited - Our client in the cement and construction-product manufacturing industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry / Sector: Manufacturing (Construction products & Chemicals)
- This role is responsible for providing financial, accounting, and Business Control Services to SGN business unit and its functions, pro-actively driving and delivering effective Finance solutions in order to enhance both the short and long-term business results contributing to our leadership position in the market-place
- The role shall implement and execute the aforementioned solutions in line with the Global and Regional Saint-Gobain Finance strategies as well as legal and statutory compliance of country Laws. The role works closely with the ICT systems to design custom solutions for the business unit.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of financial reports, including monthly reports, business and strategic plans, budgets, rolling forecasts and accurate decision making information in line with our quality principles.
- Monitoring and analytical review of key finance business drivers and performance indicators.
- Provide financial support, analysis and interpretation to operational management.
- Provide financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain business and financial control systems across the division, and complies with company’s standards.
- Manage the credit control function ensuring bad debts are minimised and sales opportunities are maximised.
- Manage cash flow, treasury and tax requirements, with regards to Group standards.
- Ensure compliance with financial legislation, standards and statutory obligations across the operation.
- Accountable for ensuring Corporate Governance aligned to the Group Standard.
- Determine, implement, monitor, review and evaluate budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with other line managers.
- Manage all aspects of the Finance function including and not limited to General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Petty Cash, Bank Reconciliations etc
- Ensure monthly financial statements, management accounts and cash flows are prepared
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts are prepared.
- Review and track performance by monitoring variance from plan, highlighting potential issues
- Maintain appropriate controls to ensure costs are within budgeted levels
- Implement internal controls to protect and safeguard company’s assets
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents, bankers, insurers and statutory bodies
- Review monthly recon files, managing general ledger close of adjustments to zero and manage people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines
- Prepare variance to budget as compared to prior year analysis, report on Company performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action with staff and Enabling functions as required
- Effective internal controls management.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, and investment activities, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Continuous change in legislation and macro-environment
- Managing relationships across the entire business
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity in executing the role
- Relationship with shareholders
- Alignment with the overall Equity policy of the country
- Adapting to organisational changes
- Macro-Economics including the exchange rate, inflation, fiscal policy of the government
- Varying levels of business maturity
- Increasing competitiveness
- Infrastructure challenges
- Collaboration with various Regulatory and legislative bodies within the African Continent
- Close relationship with Stakeholders
- Close collaboration and decision making with executives and Regional Board members
- A fluid and evolving Macro-Economic environment both locally and internationally
- MBA / BSc / HND in Accounting or Finance
- ICAN qualification will be an added advantage
- Membership of one or more Professional Bodies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably a manufacturing environment and working with SAGE system
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Experience in strategic planning, executing and developing budgets.
- Knowledge of computerized cost control and accounting systems.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Experience formulating objectives, standards, and procedures.
- Risk management and general business/commercial acumen
- Team player
- Finance Manager, who is experienced in the cement and construction-product manufacturing company
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Accountant Job at Padoserve Limited
- Finance Graduate Intern (NYSC) Job at OVERWOOD
- Finance Manager Job at Virtual PALyn
- Inventory Accountant Job at Kyosk Digital Services Limited
- Revenue Assurance Intern Job at Kyosk Digital Services Limited
- Loan Monitoring Analyst Job at Swean Consulting
- Accounts Executive Job at Aina Blankson
- Accountant Job at Eliteoak Limited
- Account Officer Job at Perfect Trust Cosmetics Limited
- Accounts Clerk Job at a Reputable Company