Finance Officer - Nigeria IHP Job at Palladium Group(Sokoto)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Officer - Nigeria IHP
Job Location: Sokoto
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
The Finance Officer (State Office) will report to and support the Finance Manager in Budget, Accounting and Financial Management functions. This position will be based in the Sokoto State Office to support state office Finance Operations:
- Ensures all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
Support the Finance manager:
- to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments
- Write checks and issue payments
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations on all payments
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to Abuja Central Office as required
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare, review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis
- Support the State Office to prepare for periodic Financial audits as may be required
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Grants Management Support
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers
- Process recipients’ invoices and payments
- Reports to Finance Manager (State)
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and
- USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
- Internal Audit Officer Job at CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- Investment Officer Job at CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- Accounts Officer Job at Eptech Power Control System Limited
- Financial Manager Job at Transsnet Group
- Accountant - Data Entry at Triton International Company Limited
- Accountant Job at Lotus Beta Analytics
- Account Executive Job at Royal Power and Energy Limited
- Junior Accountant Job at Montaigne Place
- Accountant Job at ICS Outsourcing Limited
- Accountant Job at Roswells Bottling Co. Limited