General Manager, Media Sales & Marketing Job at HS Media Group
HS Media Group is one of Nigeria’s leading Content, Media, and TV Production companies with expertise in Signals distribution, Corporate Events, Brand Management, Public Relations and Print Media.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: General Manager, Media Sales & Marketing
Job Location: Lagos
Purpose for the Role
- The purpose of this role is to establish, promote and implement a broad based Marketing & Media Sales strategy for the company.
- The GM media sales and marketing is the Head of Media Sales & Marketing and He/She is responsible for:
- Revenue generation and market share growth.
- Developing Sales strategies, planning, direction, implementation and the evaluation of Sales Marketing programs for the organization.
- Specifically supporting business strategies and projects including but not limited to business growth, market penetration, customer retention, quality, image and perception, improved profit margins and improved market share.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Sales/Marketing Strategy & Planning:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual Media Sales & marketing strategy/plan (with tactical outcomes and timelines) as an integrated part of the business plan by optimizing and strengthening the existing commercial relationships, as well as exploring new means to reach out to the market in order to meet annual business targets.
- Propose marketing initiatives to be implemented throughout the year to support business goals.
- Develop and manage a systematic approach to implementing and tracking marketing projects for the organisation.
- Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
- Implement business development and the pitch process for winning new clients by providing information, data and insights into market needs and customer expectations.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of marketing budgets and targets
Client Service & Partnering:
- Make timely and regular Marketing and sales calls to clients and ensure the timely implementation of the department's strategy regarding client management.
- Maintain frequent client interaction and follow up reporting on project status, planning innovation, presenting new initiatives as well as maintaining strong relationships with clients and customers.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with industry thought-leaders, marketing associations and advisors.
- Respond to inquiries from the Chairman/CEO and the Management team regarding Marketing/Sales efforts, results and special reporting requests as requested. Deliver weekly reports of the marketing department.
- Evaluation and timely reporting of all Marketing/Sales efforts, initiatives and projects.
Management & Supervision:
- Manage, coordinate and work with the Sales & marketing team to ensure all marketing goals, Sales Objectives and targets are met.
- Prepare and deliver, timely reports and updates to the ED, Commercial and Management on the progress of the department, particularly reports by product, Clients and by marketing initiative
- Set annual performance goals of staff under supervision, guide, coach and monitor performance of same, and execute annual appraisal.
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience in Media Sales & Marketing as experience in Media Sales and Marketing is necessary for success on this role.
- Knowledge of direct marketing (B2B) strategy and execution.
- Knowledge of the Media Industry and Media Independents Networks
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any of the Social/Behavioral Sciences. An MBA would be an advantage.
- Strong team player with the ability to deal with people at all levels internally and externally
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Manager, Commercial Legal Job at MTN Nigeria
- Assistant General Manager Job at Rossland Group
- General Manager Job at Rossland Group
- General Manager, Tech Division Job at RyteGate Technologies
- Hotel Manager Job at Residency Hotels Limited
- Current Recruitment at MTN Nigeria - August 2019
- Massive Recruitment at The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - August 2019
- Construction Equipment Solution & Services Brand Manager Job at Heights Access Nigeria Limited
- BRANCH MANAGER
- MARKETING EXECUTIVE