Grants and Compliance Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Grants and Compliance Manager
Job Location: Damaturtu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Grants & Compliance Coordinator
- Coordinate and Supervise the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high quality and timely grant reporting from technical support staff and programme managers for submission to the HOD Grants and Compliance; undertake a qualitative review, grammatical edit and ensure compliance to guidelines and donors’ requirements, use of proper templates
- Ensure that internal timelines and external deadlines are met; maintain the reporting tracker developed by HOD, follow up on inputs from project teams and technical staff and update archive on NHF and in the base.
- In collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program, WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, Log, Finance, MEAL coordinators), address any further follow-up question/s, comment, etc., to ensure compliant and quick submission of additional and/or revised information required.
- Coordinate responses to any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback.
- Identification, coordination, preparation, writing, and submission of quality and timely concept notes and full proposals, following Action Against Hunger’s validation processes and taking into account the donor guidelines
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team Formulate concept notes and proposals; develop context, compile and edit narrative components, ensure budget templates are shared, monitoring and compose other documents as necessary;
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will identify interventions to be presented to international/local donors when necessary.
- Assist with research on funding opportunities, and potential donors, partners, and their strategies.
- To support internal coordination and communication within the Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and reporting mechanisms; communication, advocacy, and cross-cutting policies, internal reporting APRs, situation reports, project updates, beneficiary count and technical evaluations report.
- Ensure compliance with donor visibility requirements, edit and draft human interest stories, success stories and photographs for donor reports and presentations.
- Assist the HOD Grants and Compliance and area coordinator in the development of grant portfolio summaries, project, and donor brief/updates;
- Assist to identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting processes.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports, etc.).
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge management products, publications, factsheets;
- Provide Strategic, Technical, and Coordinated support to Grants Management
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate kick-off, review and closing meetings to ensure project objectives are being met and identify and challenges, delays or deviations from the project plan; and communicate with donors, support on any internal or external realignments as appropriate.
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from the kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests).
- Under the supervision of the HOD, Grants develop grant revisions, cost extensions, budget realignments and modifications
- Facilitate training and capacity building for field teams, in particular, Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management Tools and internal reporting tools.
- Build the capacity of field staff to write and incorporate feedback on donor reports;
- Identify and communicate to program/technical, field and M&E staff gaps in reporting/data collection.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects among project managers, technical as well as operational support staff.
Internal & External Relationship
- Work in close collaboration with MEAL staff of the mission on gender-sensitive data collection, management and quality for the purposes of reporting and story-telling.
- Ensuring high?quality and timely grant reporting with support from DCD Program and technical coordinators and proving technical support to staff on donor regulations and compliance.
- Support high?quality and timely grant reporting with support from Area Director and Coordinator, technical staff and programme managers and provide technical support to staff on donor regulations and compliance.
- Support field coordinator and project managers for grant and internal project and programme coordination meetings; grant opening, review, and closing meetings.
- Participating in donor engagement in close collaboration with Area Director and Coordinator
- Represent ACF and support the development of visibility materials for the presentation of the project portfolio with relevant stakeholders
- Degree and / or Master's Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (international relations, political science, law, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector.
Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in English and an additional advantage if fluency in Hausa and Kanuri
- Excellent experience in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools
- Strong commitment to Mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection)
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English.
- At least 3 years as Grant Writer or similar (i.e. Project Officer)
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, AECID.
- knowledge of Humanitarian principles, Sphere project minimum standard, gender, protection, and conflict sensitivity
- Well organized, attentive to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player;
- Ready and willing to travel to remote locations, remain calm and under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal guidance, pressure and tight deadlines;
- Problem solver with a work style that builds confidence in others.
Minimum Basic Salary
- N 424,310 per month.
- Risk Advisor (Marketing) Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Head, Risk Management Job at Alan & Grant
- Credit Control / Compliance Officer Recruitment at Officemakers International Limited
- Risk Management Analyst / Specialist Recruitment at JNC International
- Grants Officer Job at Karisa Consults Limited
- Risk Advisor Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Finance and Compliance Officer Recruitment at NINERELA+
- Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management Recruitment at KPMG
- MTN Global Graduate Development Programme 2020
- Delta States Bursary and Scholarship Board 2019 / 2020 Students' Special Assistance Scheme (Bursary Award)