Head of Internal Control Job at Blackcod Asset Management
BlackCod Asset Management Company offers a range of lucrative opportunities through a blend of investment strategies. We empower organizations to flourish, and assist our customers with expanding their profits and understanding their most significant objectives. We have built a firm exceptionally prepared to accomplish these goals, our stand on quality research, investment expertise and value-added services has engaged us to customers from different countries.
At BlackCod, our essence includes Asset management services, Consulting and Real estate investment. The organization additionally highly esteems its fantastic Foreign exchange advisory and portfolio and funds management
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Internal Control
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Why We Need You
- To manage operational risks, protect the Society’s assets and minimize losses through the development and implementation of adequate and firm internal control measures.
- Also provide an independent evaluation of the operations of the group, centrally coordinating all controls and ensuring strict adherence to the company’s internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements in order to promote transparency and accountability.
What you will do:
- Review and ensure compliance to regulations and laws governing the sector.
- Plan, organize and carryout internal control functions, including the preparation of audit manuals and audit plan in accordance with local and international best practices.
- Carry out Fixed assets verifications, Staff Audit and others.
- Identify and access areas of significant business risk.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes
- Ensure all IT Systems and security implementations are monitored regularly and information systems risk events are escalated for resolve.
- Conduct risk assessments of all departments.
- Ensure checks and balances concerning office-related documents.
- Identifying and proposing risk-prone areas of credit, finance houses operations and making recommendations to the MD/CEO and Board of directors.
- Ensure implementation and update of Information system policies to identify and prevent exposures to accidental or intentional destruction, disclosure or interruption of information that may cause reputational, information or financial loss to the company.
- To carry out an investigation of abuses, error, fraud, etc., recommend according to human resources sanction grid and report same directly to the MD for immediate action.
- To check and ensure that all statutory deductions and taxes are remitted as and when due.
- To render weekly exceptions report with appropriate recommendations.
- Monitoring of compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures and Combating of Terrorist Financing within the organization.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Accounting or Social Sciences from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in asset management, real estate, or banking operations of which two years’ must be in internal control
- ICAN / ACCA certification is required
- Ability to implement decisions with firmness.
- Demonstrate experience in handling technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Strong knowledge of industry policies and procedures.
- Strategic financial reporting
- Financial analysis
- Knowledge of tax
- Internal audit
- Nigerian GAAP
- Risk assessment and management
- International financial reporting standards.
- Communication skills
- Ability to promote value of internal audit
- Change management techniques
- Knowledge of accounting framework and tools.
What We Offer
- A innovative and collaborative environment
- Growth and Leadership
- Perks and allowances
- Attractive compensation structure.
- Finance Assistant Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale
- Internal Audit Supervisor Job at Domino Stores Limited
- Bookkeeper Job at Ameera Ventures Liimited
- Accountant Job at Elvaridah
- Employment Opportunities at Softcom Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at United Bank for Africa
- Bobo Food and Beverages Limited Ongoing Recruitment
- Recent Vacancies at Procter and Gamble
- Financial Planner Job at NSIA Insurance
- Accountant Job at G-eurafric Limited