HLP SWG Coordinator Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HLP SWG Coordinator
Ref. nr.: 3996680227
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Commencement: 1st January 2019
Duration: 31st December, 2019
- NRC is looking for an HLP SWG Coordinator for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the HLP SWG Co-lead position is to provide support to the lead agency of the HLP SWG in accordance with the TORs of the sub working group which operates under the close guidance and support of the Protection Sector working group.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country
- NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The HLP SWG Coordinator report to ICLA Program Development Manager (PDM)
- Facilitate meetings for the SWG and co-chairing the meetings in accordance with SWG TORs
- Support action by members to meet the HLP needs of affected populations;
- Support the establishment/maintenance of coordination mechanisms and tools, making sure that information and data management systems are established and maintained;
- Secure commitments from humanitarian partners in responding to needs and filling gaps, ensuring an appropriate distribution of responsibilities within the HLP SWG and adequate follow up;
- Co-represent the interests of the HLP SWG with different stakeholders;
- Develop/update agreed response strategies and action plans for the HLP SWG and ensuring that these are adequately reflected in the overall country strategy.
- Ensure integration of HLP and gender issues in sectorial needs assessment, analysis, planning, monitoring and response.
- Participate in relevant sectorial meetings
- Provide support for reporting on the HLP SWG meetings and activities as well as functioning of information management system for the HLP SWG;
- Ensure sectorial needs assessment and analysis, involving all relevant partners;
- Streamline methods to share information including providing input into and sharing reports, updates, sitreps, bulletin, etc.
- Support the Lead Agency in identifying advocacy concerns and contribute key messages to broader advocacy initiatives of the SWG and PSWG and other actors.
- Ensure participants are aware of policy guidelines, standards and commitments that the Government has undertaken under international humanitarian and human rights law.
- Undertake and lead adequate contingency planning and preparedness for new emergencies.
- Promote/support training of humanitarian partners, national NGOs, and local authorities as requested and recommended for members of the working group
- Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior protection manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context of NE Nigeria is desirable
- Proven capacity in HLP
- Experience with previous HLP/protection co-lead position is an advantage
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions - Grade Level 7 Step1(Coordinator).
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside location is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
- Nigerian Nationals
- Project Director Job at Save the Children
- Project Manager Job at Subsea 7
- Project Engineering Manager Job at Subsea 7
- Legal officer
- Project Manager Job at a reputable Construction company
- Eko Maintenance Limited Recruitment for a Team Lead - Legal/HR
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Recruitment at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Officer Job at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Coordinator Job at Diamond Development Initiatives
- Project Manager, Distribution Job at Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)