HR and Administration Officer Job at The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: HR and Administration Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Classification: D3 - Associate
Travel Required: Limited
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, the HR Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff in the Nigeria office.
- The HR Officer will work in close collaboration with the global HR team ensuring compliance with local and global HR policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhering to all GAIN policies in force, promote their applications and ensure compliance with local labour law as well as with GAIN HR internal processes.
- Advising and supporting people managers and team members on internal HR processes working closing with the global HR team
- Acting as the primary point of contact for HR matters and handle HR related queries from staff to resolution or escalation as necessary.
- Responsible for all HR and Admin related communications to the office, under the supervision of the Head of Operations.
- Attending the Country SMT meetings and support with minute taking/secretarial duties only.
- Maintaining a database of budgeted positions viz-a-viz current status, number of vacant positions and related information.
- Working closely with the global HR team to keep track of new positions, contributing actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implementing them.
- Supporting the country office recruitment process including but not limited to raising and tracking of job requisitions (EHRF), advertising, screening, scheduling and interviewing in line with GAIN policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the global HR team to ensure offer letters and contracts are prepared and issued in a timely manner.
- Collecting documents from staff as per standard checklist.
- Actively participating in the strategic workforce planning process working in collaboration with the Head of Operations.
Employee Life Cycle Support:
- Responsible for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new staff ensuring that induction plans are signed off and filed in the staff personal file.
- Monitoring probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Helping to draft employment letter and contract addendum under global HR team guidance and supervision
- Working with managers and the global HR team in managing staff exit process.
- Working closely with the global HR team in relation to organisational changes. Ensure local organogram is updated and shared with the global team for consolidation.
HR Administration and Leave Management:
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR Administration local processes.
- Ensuring staff data is kept up to date and ensure records are protected and confidential.
- Tracking attendance, leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organisational requirements.
- Responsible for collating and verifying employee information for payroll administration, ensuring monthly payroll changes are prepared and issued to the external payroll bureau within pre-set time scales.
- Monitoring employee’s enrolment into local benefits and insurances.
Performance Management, Organisational Development & Employee Engagement:
- In close collaboration with the Head of Operations and the global HR team, facilitate an effective mid-year/annual performance assessment process by encouraging performance management to be practised on a regular basis, providing guidance to staff and managers, promoting local performance campaigns initiated by the Global HR team and ensuring cycle completion.
- Support the Head of Operations in the drafting of justifications for promotions and salary adjustments for the Country Director’s review and approval.
- Assist in planning and organising of staff development and training activities for the Country Office in close collaboration with the Head of Operations and the global HR team.
- Work with the Head of Operations and global HR team members to support projects within the organisation e.g., the Staff Engagement Survey / development of the HR system, etc
- Raise awareness of the various learning and development opportunities available to staff and signpost staff to sources of information and support
- Work closely with Global HR, the Head of Operations and the Country Director to provide coordination support to implementing partners, including supporting with the documentation preparation of capacity assessments, generating reports, development of OD plans for partners and capacity development activities for partners.
General office Operations Support:
- Leading preparations for corporate events such as Annual team bonding events
- To attend SMT and PMG meetings, take notes/formal minutes as required and report back to the members through the Head of operations as appropriate
- Such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
Key Organisational Relationships
- Reports to the Head of Operations, GAIN Nigeria
- Works closely with GAIN Global HR team
- Country Office Team and HR focal points.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration and / or related field from an accredited academic institution with relevant professional experience.
- Membership of a professional HR certification such as CIPM, CIPO or its equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Substantial proven experience of working in a relevant HR role, e.g., officer, advisor or Coordinator
- Experience of providing an excellent, people centred candidate and employee experience
- Strong understanding of Nigeria Labour Law and HR management practices and experience of their effective implementation in the workplace.
- Proven experience in executing tasks on time with a high level of integrity, while ensuring good HR practice.
- Experience working under pressure.
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- International Development or NGO experience desirable.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Able to apply critical thinking, with the ability to appropriately challenge when require
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work to deadlines
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with people at all levels in the organisation with the confidence to work both self-sufficiently and across teams and departments, proactively engaging colleagues on projects and initiatives.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Computer literacy with good Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills. Knowledge of HRMS is an advantage.
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Proficiency in local languages desirable.
- Must be willing and able to travel in country when required.
About Our Offer
- The starting salary on offer for this role is from NGN6,100,478 - 6,966,279 per annum, dependent on experience.
- The starting date for this role, to be agreed with the successful applicant, will not commence until after the 1st January 2022.
- AIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
- Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Nigeria. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Human Resource & Admin Manager Job at PG Consulting
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Office Assistant Job at Bonyk Technologies Limited
- Front Desk Officer and Customer Service Executive Job at Simplinteriors Company
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Eolyon Integrated Resources Limited
- Front Desk Officer Recruitment at Lead Enterprise Support Company Limited
- Human Resource (HR) Assistant (NYSC) Recruitment at Ngcom Network Solutions
- School Administrative Assistant Recruitment at RiverOaks School
- Business Manager
- Administrative Officer Recruitment at Oblezoh Limited -